Best buy bluray player under 300 pounds for 2011

A

Anonymous

There are some bargains to be had with the Pioneer BDP-LX54 and the Marantz UD5005, both can be had for £300. I am considering both of these players as that's my budget, but will be interested to see what other players people suggest...

A

Anonymous

Dear dougolada,

the Pioneer BDP-LX54 and the Marantz UD5005 are superb players but can they be modified to play region 1 DVD's?

Both the panasonic and sony can easily be modified to play region 1 DVD's.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
c_avraamides said:
Any ideas which is going to be this year's best buy bluray player for under 300 pounds? DMP-BDT310, BDP-S580, etc......

Well, given that we haven't tested them all yet, you may have to wait until our Awards to find out!
smiley-smile.gif
Although you will find a Group Test of the latest £150-£170 BD players in the June issue of the mag, on sale now.

A

Anonymous

c_avraamides said:
the Pioneer BDP-LX54 and the Marantz UD5005 are superb players but can they be modified to play region 1 DVD's?

Afraid I don't know thw answer to that one as I don't have any region 1 DVDs so have never looked into it...
Doug

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Looks like Mr. Clough not paying attention on his on site
smiley-laughing.gif
, BDT310 video review is already available on the site. I think b/w Sony and Panasonic I think Pana will win the future supertest.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, NigelIF, I'm well aware the Pana DMP-BDT310 review is online (I was the one who uploaded it!), what I meant was there may be more new BD players still to come in that sector of the market which we haven't tested yet, so we'll reserve our final judgement until Awards testing time.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Apologies Andy I misinterpreted you, but I think waiting for award issue is a very long time I hope in couple of month you can get your hands on Sony 780 and other competitive players

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
dougolada said:
c_avraamides said:

Afraid I don't know thw answer to that one as I don't have any region 1 DVDs so have never looked into it... Doug

I've just posted on another thread, yes they can be modified. There's a company in Holland that provides this service, Idon't know of one in the UK. Google "JVB Digital" and check them out.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
chrisr1718 said:
dougolada said:
c_avraamides said:

Afraid I don't know thw answer to that one as I don't have any region 1 DVDs so have never looked into it... Doug

I've just posted on another thread, yes they can be modified. There's a company in Holland that provides this service, Idon't know of one in the UK. Google "JVB Digital" and check them out.

If it is region free for DVD your after may I suggest speaking to your local friendly hi-fi dealer. If it is bluray that is a different matter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts