Question Best budget native 4k projector advice, please

biki17

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to foray into projectors.
What would be your recommendation for a 4k res projector up to £2k.
After reading some reviews Optoma and Epson ones appear to be a good bet.
Thank you for your advice.

biki17

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
This is the cheapest native 4K projector currently:

Hi bigboss,

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully I will end up with a dedicated HC room towards the end of next year :)
The room should be well darkened.

I am starting to plan ahead .

Upscaling(?) to 4k projectors on my list so far:

Optoma UHD60/ 65
Epson EH-TW7400/ 9400.

Regards,
Andy

abacus

Some things to remember, DLP projectors are typically half the size (Or less) than LCD projectors. (Although there are exceptions particularly in the low end range)

You will usually get more features (Full lens shift etc.) on LCD projectors for the same cost.

You get way more detail on a DLP due to the way it does 4K, plus you only have a single chip rather than 3 which can become misaligned.

WARNING: Under NO circumstances buy a projector without trying first, as all have their positives and negatives, so you need to make sure the negatives don’t outweigh the positives for your viewing experience. (Everyone is different)

Have fun choosing, as there is no substitute to a projector and screen when it comes to the cinematic experience. (Also don’t skip on the sound system which is arguably more important to get the full immersive experience)

Bill

biki17

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Some things to remember, DLP projectors are typically half the size (Or less) than LCD projectors. (Although there are exceptions particularly in the low end range)

You will usually get more features (Full lens shift etc.) on LCD projectors for the same cost.

You get way more detail on a DLP due to the way it does 4K, plus you only have a single chip rather than 3 which can become misaligned.

WARNING: Under NO circumstances buy a projector without trying first, as all have their positives and negatives, so you need to make sure the negatives don’t outweigh the positives for your viewing experience. (Everyone is different)

Have fun choosing, as there is no substitute to a projector and screen when it comes to the cinematic experience. (Also don’t skip on the sound system which is arguably more important to get the full immersive experience)

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your insight.

I am leaning towards a DLP type.
There is a local Sevenoaks HiFi and Richer Sounds shop so I should be able to book a demo hopefully next year.

Kind regards,
Andy

TRENDING THREADS