best blue ray/3d player....???

bhavp21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
samsung ue46d7000, monitor audio rx6av12 and yamaha rx-a2010...

everyone and reviews saying panasonic for picture and sound... is that true?

Are you going to use it for DVDs as well? Is CD music playback important for you?

Panasonic 210 will suit your needs well. It's simply brilliant for a great price. DVD upscaling is also good. 310 will not offer anything extra as the 2nd HDMI is no use for you.

I wouldn't worry about sonic qualities of your player unless you're after superior CD music playback (if that is the case, look at Oppo 95 / Cambridge audio 751 / Marantz 7006). Your blu ray player can bitstream audio for your brilliant Yamaha to decode.

If you want a universal player for SACD, DVD-A playback etc. then your options are between Oppo 93 / 95, Denon 1611 / 2012, Marantz 7006 & Cambridge Audio 651 / 751. Sony players offer SACD playback as well.

Oppo, Denon & Marantz are amongst the best for DVD upscaling.

A

Anonymous

Most of the popular brands all thend to fairly good. All depends on what you're willing to spend. Just stay away from Denon - complete and utter rubbish!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have the Panasonic 210 and it has performed flawlessly with Blu-ray in 3D/HD and DVDs. I haven't put any music through it yet.

I would strongly recommend this product.

Thanks,

Neil

A

Anonymous

michael hoy said:
bigboss said:
Floydian said:
Just stay away from Denon - complete and utter rubbish!!!!!!

Can you elaborate?

http://www.whathifi.com/review/denon-dbp-2012ud

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/blu-ray-players

Floydian said:

I would like to know as well where you are coming from.

I have not yet come across a decent Denon Blu-ray machine that has not been bettered by a much cheaper rival. I find the Denon's to have slower loading times, poorer standard definition playback, and not very good with audio at all.

I actually used to own Denon 2500BT transport, besides the fact it was riddled with faults - I got annoyed with the super-slow loading times and jittery imaging, so I sold it for a much cheaper Panasonic, the Panasonic had better picture, better audio and was faster at playing. I have since tried other Denon machines and have never found one satisfactory.

michael hoy

Floydian said:
michael hoy said:
bigboss said:
Floydian said:

Can you elaborate?

Floydian said:

I have not yet come across a decent Denon Blu-ray machine that has not been bettered by a much cheaper rival. I find the Denon's to have slower loading times, poorer standard definition playback, and not very good with audio at all.

I actually used to own Denon 2500BT transport, besides the fact it was riddled with faults - I got annoyed with the super-slow loading times and jittery imaging, so I sold it for a much cheaper Panasonic, the Panasonic had better picture, better audio and was faster at playing. I have since tried other Denon machines and have never found one satisfactory.

I have not experienced any of the issues you state above, yes the 2500BT is slower than alot of the newer devices at loading a disc, but it is not a fault.

I used to have a Panasonic prior to the Denon and found a huge difference in SQ and PQ with the Denon. I had a small glitch with the sound stopping shortly after installing the Denon which did not happen with the Panasonic, but this turned out to be a glitch with the amp.

Does the Panasonic get through the film quicker "was faster at playing" ;)

A

Anonymous

michael hoy said:
Floydian said:
michael hoy said:
bigboss said:
Floydian said:

Can you elaborate?

Floydian said:

I have not experienced any of the issues you state above, yes the 2500BT is slower than alot of the newer devices at loading a disc, but it is not a fault.

I used to have a Panasonic prior to the Denon and found a huge difference in SQ and PQ with the Denon. I had a small glitch with the sound stopping shortly after installing the Denon which did not happen with the Panasonic, but this turned out to be a glitch with the amp.

Does the Panasonic get through the film quicker "was faster at playing" ;)

It plays it at a better rate, with no glitchy jittering...

To be honest, this is the first time I've seen anyone slating Denon. Yes, the 2500BT was painfully slow for some but the 2012 is reasonably fast. Denon's recent AV receivers haven't been class leading, but its blu ray players are.

A

Anonymous

michael hoy has already given the class leaders as a reply which is spot on! i have never heard of denon being jittery, slow yes (older models), but for SQ & PQ the DENON,MARANTZ and OPPO players are clearly the answer to the op's question, i guess its all down to budget and tastes, i would recommend you venture out and demo the recommended players and see for yourself, also demo some of the cheaper players, side by side if possible, the differences in build quality,sound quality and picture quality will become more obvious to you this way.

If you do have a jittery picture it might not be the BR player at fault, i had a similar problem years ago and it turned out to be a faulty HDMI cable, also incorrect TV settings will affect the PQ.

bhavp21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so which model numbers do I need to consider for the Panasonic, Denon, Marantz and Oppo as I'm only using it mainly for DVD/Blue Ray...?

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
With your set up i think you would be better going with a Yamaha BDS671..... you will get the right synergy with your amp.

I'm sure the other makes mentioned as well as Sony and Pioneer also make great blu rays as well so which one is best is all very subjective.

An example of this would be the Denon 2012 5 star best blu ray what hifi ..... 4 stars in another more cinema based publication

Oppo 93eu 4 star what hifi .... 5 stars in another more cinema based publication.

There are no right answers.

My recommendation to you would be the Yamaha BDS671.

A

Anonymous

its all down to budget..you could demo the

Marantz UD7006, OPPO 93 / 95 or the Denon 2012.

or if are able to live with a slower loading time i would seriously consider the denon 2500BT..you should be able to get this for under £200 on e-bay.

bhavp21 said:
Ok so which model numbers do I need to consider for the Panasonic, Denon, Marantz and Oppo as I'm only using it mainly for DVD/Blue Ray...?

Panasonic 210: Don't rule it out; you'll be pleasantly surprised by its performance.

Denon: 2012

Marantz: 7006

Oppo: 93 & 95

Yamaha BD-A1010: Will match your receiver very well with great performance

Pick what suits your budget the most.

A

Anonymous

agh yes i forgot the op wanted 3D, thanx for pointing that out BB.

Merry Christmas :cheers:

bhavp21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got any opinions/experience with the Yamaha BD A1010...? With this matching the RX A2010 will the picture/sound quality be better then the Panasonic, Demon or Marantz for DVD/blue ray/3d...? Only thing is I ain't got a store near me to demo all 4 of these so I'm going on opinions, recommendations and reviews... This is my first proper player, I've bin using a PS3 so anythings got to be better...

There's very little to differentiate between the players for blu ray 1080p/24 picture quality. DVD upscaling varies between them. The Yamaha upscales pictures very well. The fact that it will match your receiver nicely is an added bonus. The only thing I'm not sure of, is how easy it is to make it multiregion (for DVDs); if that is important for you. Ask your dealer.

I don't believe there's any more benefit by having the receiver & the blu ray player of the same brand, except that both can be operated by one remote.

bhavp21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
in all honesty ive not seen/heard any of the players, not to fussed about the makes, just thought id ask about the yamaha as its a new range made with the Aventage av recievers... im not fussed about multi region also, according to reviews theres pro's and cons to them all (slow loading, a bit flat on sound, pause/freeze for a second...) who knows... its just what ive read. i want a good all rounder but mainly for upscaling picture/sound quality for films only...

at the moment im thinking of panasonic, marantz, denon and yamaha...

the panasonics seems to be good from what ive read, denon and marantz seem to be similar with mixture of views, not heard anything about the yamaha...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts