Best Blu-ray for this TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a Pansonic TX50VT20 and its superb, however I just wondered if I should upgrade the DVD ?

I have a Sony 760 and got a Panasonic BDT100 free with the TV

I know the 100 is 3D, however for now I just want the best Blu-ray quality.

How much more do you need to spend on a Blu-ray player to get a "noticable" difference in quality?

Thanks

Ian

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
£99.99.....the new Sony BDP S370 just knocked a star off the S760.

It was a great sound and picture improvement to the S350, I previously had.

But, personally, i'd keep with the S760 for a few years........no doubt the 2011 and 2012 range will give a bigger improvement that will make the cost worthwhile.....

Finally, a recent Panel test in the magazine suggested very little improvement between the mighty Sony BDP S5000ES, and S370.......at least by the judging panel....

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
For me, when comparing my old Sony BDP-S550, it was the Marantz BD7004 that won me over as a decent step up above the other players I auditioned (including the Sony BDP-S570, the Cambridge Audio 650BD and the Panasonic BDT300). Honestly though, buying a Blu-Ray player seems to be such a personal thing, as Pete says, some people were unable to tell the difference between the cheapest Sony and the most expensive Sony, whilst others can see significant differences between players.

For that reason, you really need to go and audition a few so you can see if you can perceive beneficial improvements over your 760 to make it worthwhile to spend the extra cash.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts