Best BD Player produce the best CD Audio sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

This is going to be my second unit. Need advice on this since I do not think to have a dedicated CD player at the moment. I want a BD player that can deliver a very2 good quality CD audio sound. Pls advice...

manicm

You may have to spend an awfully big amount to replace your CDP. I would guess your budget Sony/Panasonic BRPs have decent transports, so why not consider getting one of these BDPs and a decent DAC like Beresford/DacMagic - this will be a step-up both in stereo and flexibility.

A

Anonymous

What about the Pioneer BDP-51FD claiming to have a built in good Wolfson audio DACs. Do I still needa separet DAC as u guys mentioned?Do other player has built in DACs like this as well?TQ

A

Anonymous

I used to own a Pioneer BDP-LX71 Blu-ray Disc Player (I believe that the '51FD has the same Wolfson DAC's as the 'LX71), and I actually tried out its CD play-back capability via 2-channel RCA analogue interconnects, and I was extremely impressed. My Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player obviously provided me with superior all-round performance, but I was extremely impressed by the 'LX71's ability as a CD Player.

I recently acquired a new Sony BDP-S5000ES, and via 2-channel RCA analogue interconnects for CD play-back, while it is far from being a poor CD Player, it's not quite as good as the Pioneer BDP-LX71 for CD play-back.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dantan,thanks for the clarification. Now I feel quite happy with that. Anybody else got the same experince and happy with the Cd playback of the pioneer?

Dannysigma

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
To add to the list of cheapish DACs - Little Dot now produce one (the imaginatively titled DAC-1) which is nothing short of brilliant. Costs just under £200 with P&P from eBay, has 4 inputs (BNC, Coax, Toslink and USB) and balanced and RCA output. Got mine linked up to CD player and computer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts