Best 2nd hand amp for mission 753

retrofi

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
:hi there this is my first post so go easy, just rebuilding my system from a few few years out and bagged myself some mission 753 for £150 which I'm more than happy with, I need advise on the best 2nd hand amp for them. I used to have the su 9009 technics pre power amp which I loved paired with my tdl studio 1s, don't think I can get them back.

Any ideas please up to about £500 pounds.

Iwas thinking of a sansui amp from the earl 80s. Or an arcam alpha 9 maybe I've been out of the game for a while

T

the record spot

Arcam Alpha 9 might be okay - I had an Alpha 5 with some 751s twenty years ago and that was a terrific pairing. Very lively setup and went loud. There's one going - or was recently - for a very good price.

retrofi

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, do you think the sansui au-717 would be good as I like the sound of the older amps, they seem a bit more forgiving and not so sharp, or maybe it's just my ears getting older. Or do you think £500 would buy a suitable new amp?

T

the record spot

I had a 717 and it's a terrific amp. You would get a similar sound for less hassle from a Leema Pulse II. A Sony TA-F630, or similar higher ended Sony amp. There would also be less risk as the 717, and similar Sansui amps, need a lot of work and TLC in some cases. The circuit boards can be impacted by leaky cpacitors and a sticky glue residue they also used. Can be very expensive, hence my other recommendations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts