Bedroom System

letsavit

Apr 2, 2008
Visit site
Got some quad 11L's sitting around and thinking of using them for an ipod bedroom system, what you reckon is the best way to go?

Marantz 6002 amp and dock

Fatman i tube...like the look of the carbon one (dont like the chromegraphics on the £200 one)

One of the cheap NAD amps

Or a second hand classic, like the nait 1 chrome bumper

???????????

T

the record spot

Is the Fatman the valve version? That gets a good write up, the older Naims are still highly regarded - those two and the Quad's, with lossless material on the iPod could be a very tasty proposition. I think the Marantz and NAD hardware would come after those two, but they're all strong amps in their own right.

John Duncan

Close up the Carbon looks cheap, and the normal one looks very expensive. And I'm fairly sure the review wasn't as good........

Bit worried about ability to drive the Quads though - got this horrible feeling they're a bit insensitive? You might be better off with solid state - to which your suggestions of Marantz and NAD you should add the Rotel RA-04, or indeed any number of second hand (better) amps.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
letsavit:
Got some quad 11L's sitting around and thinking of using them for an ipod bedroom system, what you reckon is the best way to go?

Marantz 6002 amp and dock

Fatman i tube...like the look of the carbon one (dont like the chromegraphics on the £200 one)

One of the cheap NAD amps

Or a second hand classic, like the nait 1 chrome bumper

???????????

Scour eBay for an Arcam A65+ or A75+.

Should be able to pick up a bargain and they sound good.

A

Anonymous

Or perhaps a Yamaha, Denon, Teac all in one? They are very nice products - and very compact...I would think they would go well in a bedroom. Good sound quality too!

letsavit

Apr 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies....nice to know the standard fatman itube is better as was only going for the other on looks from the internet, thought the chrome would look cheaper, have not seen either in the flesh. The Quads are quite easy to drive, well easy cpmpared to my spendor's, they are 6 ohms does that help..?.wont need it loud in the bedroom anyway

Think this the standard fatman itube is the way to go, but may have a brouse of ebay for a week or so first...

PS ill also work in the corner of my bedroom, thus the need for music...
emotion-4.gif

matthewpiano

Don't forget to look at Onkyo on the all-in-one front to add to Hughes123s suggestions. Their CS515 was brilliant and I expect the new 525 to be just as good if not better. A serious cut above the Denon offering in my view. Combine it with the Onkyo ipod dock and you've got full system remote control and a lovely little bedroom set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts