Beck - Morning Phase

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Leeps said:
Beck does seem open to & usefully conscious of hi-res, having released Sea Change on SACD & more recently Bluray Audio. Watch this space! And jolly well done Beck for such a good effort. Bravo.

The vinyl release is meant to be the best.

Unfortunately it looks as though the hi def downloeads are upsampled from the CD, worse still some tracks are from MP3's.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/becks-imorning-phasei-2496-download-worth-it

Great album all the same.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Marsbardark said:
Bland? You obviously don't listen to music discussed on this site. Bon Jovi, genesis, biffy cliro, nickel back, Coldplay etc they are bland! Beck bland I don't think so.

I don't think Beck is bland just his new album and it's just my opinion, if i thought he was bland i wouldnt have endorsed Sea Change and Cellphone in my post!!!!

Not sure what Bon Jovi has to do with it......

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I rarely buy music 'unheard' but took a punt with the BluRay Audio Seachange. The DTS HD24/192 2 channel = superb SQ - obviously very well produced and recorded. The jury is out on Mr Beck, my wife enquiring if Prozac is included in the box. I will persevere, as I didn't like King Crimson or Pink Floyd on first listen in 1969. My other recent purchase is the hybrid SACD of Shangri La by Mr Knopfler which is excellent IMHO - the CD layer losing little to the 2 channel SACD, admittedly played on different systems.

TRENDING THREADS