BDP-S760 Setup query.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

get what RON a 760 just to compare.
Tell us YOUR opinion i am thinking of getting a 760 or 370 for bedroom,thanks.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
She used it. Actual hands-on interaction, and she didn't bat an eyelid.
emotion-21.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
the_lhc:

She's up to something, guarantee she'll be home tonight with a trailer load of new shoes...

I agree. Of course she knows the difference!

She is one smart cookie!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
simoncar:get what RON a 760 just to compare.
Tell us YOUR opinion i am thinking of getting a 760 or 370 for bedroom,thanks.

The BDP-S760 arrived today and I spent the last hour analysing this player against my BDP-S370 and based on my eyes and ears, these are my brief findings.

Picture Quality

The S-370 has a better colour palette and is sharper with better clarity. This is not immediately evident and it took me a while to detect this with a variety of blu-rays with my favourite scenes. Motion was also better with the S370.

Sound Quality

Bigger differences here. The S760 sounded thin and insubstantial compared to the S370.

Build Quality

Hands down, the S760. The S370 is a biscuit tin. The S760 is actually a rather beautiful machine. The WLAN is also nice.

Which would I have?

The S-370. Besides a better picture and sound quality, it also has so much more to offer in terms of functionality. It is also much faster to load and will accept even VCD's, besides also SACD's.

So, off to E-Bay goes the S760!

A

Anonymous

darn...im looking for a better sounding bdp than my s363, i was going to get a 760 mainly for the analogue outs, and sound improvements, ive been toying with the idea of an older non hdmi amp, a high end one..but i may not go down that road, and i want better sound,now.. do you think the 760 would be an improvement over my s363 for audio ronald?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Maxflinn,

I had the Sony BDP-S360 and the S760 is definitely better in my view, so yes.

Using the analogue outputs from the S760 into a high-end older amp may well bring about the sonic improvements you desire too.

Ronald

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:She used it. Actual hands-on interaction, and she didn't bat an eyelid.
emotion-21.gif

Big Chris, I have upgraded my while system starting with a brand new Sony BDPS370 in August which was a birthday present and the wife knew all about it. From there I changed my Mission M33i fronts for a pair of Monitor Audio RS5's - stored them in the garage until she'd gone to bed and then did a changeover......she noticed the next day. Next came the Monitor Audio GSLCR centre which.......she noticed the next day.....however!! I changed my Mission Bipole rears for a pair of Monitor Audio RXFX and hung them on the wall in the same place and she still hasn't twigged!! She did mention recently that I'd changed all my system apart from the rears......mind you I've also upped the speaker cables to Chord Odyssey/Epic without being rumbled!! Thinking about a new tv next.............
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts