BDP Coax out question

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Help.........

Somewhere I have read that the bit rate (kbps) is higher from a BDP player whenplaying HD audio source Blu Ray discs, than conventional DTS and Dolby Digital from DVD via the coax output to the amp

Is this so, and to what degree would the perceived sound be enhanced i.e. I believe DTS is around 600kbps and DD around 400ish kbps, what is HD audio?

And finally can it be heard as a step up from DVD sound or must you go the whole nine yards...............in this case, for me, 6 channel analogue?

Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, this can be true for some DTS soundtracks which were generally limited on DVD to around 760 Kbits (0.7 Mbits). However, with tracks playing the core DTS soundtrack from a Blu-Ray, you can get the full 1.5 Mbits soundtrack i.e. roughly twice the detail.

HD audio itself depends on the soundtrack, theoretically, DTS HD Master Audio can present 24.5 Mbits and Dolby TrueHD up to 18 Mbits i.e. both are significantly higher than their lossy counterparts.

To really hear the difference, if you don't have an amp capable of receiving audio over its HDMI socket, you'll need to go 6 channel analogue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts