BBC Sounds - download ?

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
I use BBC Sounds PodCast fine.
However there are also often good serials (or even one-off) radio shows that I would like to download.
No easy download on BBC Sounds web site ... only 'stream now'

Are there any players or apps that will allow me to download the 'streamed content' or some way.

My preferred choice of listening is download to my phone to play in the car.

Minkey1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah. But the podcast section doesn’t. How curious.

I used to use Replay years ago to record audio in real time. Not sure what today’s options are.

I’d just stream to the phone and thence to the car system, either via CarPlay or Bluetooth.

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
Just looked at The Archers Podcast and there is a download option
Archers is time-limited though -- you can't get more than around 1 month back. For PodCast I use 'Radio Downloader' and it saves podcast automatically to my HD and I then transfer to my phone for playing in the car.

THis was what I was trying to do with 'book serials' which don't have RSS code.

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
BBC Sounds app on my phone has a download option?
Thanks for that never realised teh app had only been using a browser to find what I wanted.
I just installed, it does allow download.
Where does it store the files .... can you get at them or do you have tp use App to play them back ?

Minkey1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that never realised teh app had only been using a browser to find what I wanted.
I just installed, it does allow download.
Where does it store the files .... can you get at them or do you have tp use App to play them back ?
On the iOS app, under My Sounds, bottom strip. Choose your download, press play. Then, in the car, use AA/CP or Bluetooth to play your download via the car system.

I tend to just stream via CP. A cable connection keeps my phone charged whilst it plays, and I can control everything by steering wheel button or screen and the phone can be left tucked away.

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
I don't know what CP means ...
As long a they are downloaded and will play off-line then great.
I typically have phone connected to car by Bluetooth and play audio using VLC player.

I just downloaded a 10 part set I was interested in ... I'll try listening next week

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts