BBC iPlayer on Samsung J series (Tizen)

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Anyone else got a new J series Samsung TV and finds they just get "Not Available...Coming Soon" when starting BBC iPlayer??

I'm also not able to find ITV player or get YouTube working (it starts but is empty) so any similar experiences would be good to hear....terrible information available from Samsung directly. *dash1*

Cheers!

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Just replied to your other thread on this.

Don't know when BBC iPlayer will be available but my YouTube seems to work ok. I haven't actually checked to see whether ITV player is there but I'll have a look and update you.

It seems to me the new Tizen OS is having a few teething issues, my Netflix app being particularly an issue (sometimes doesn't work so have to sign out and sign back in).

I've checked a few forums and the full owners thread on another site and there isn't much information out there at the minute. As I'm able to access these apps on other hardware I haven't contacted Samsung to see what the issues are so please update us if you get any new info.

Cheers.

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!!

I had no chance of selling the curved screen at home so had to take the plunge on the 7 series for better or worse...still a tax free bonus from my job so no complaints on that part!

I fixed the YouTube issue...some weird DNS issue with the UnoTelly service I use from Sweden, not their fault but just needed an entry on both the router and the device which is really strange but seemingly worked.

I'm glad the BBC iPlayer is not working by-design right now although it's a bit of a pain...but the Netflix one is interesting, I don't suppose you have found when you use fast forward or rewind that it just goes black and says "we're having trouble playing this title at the moment"? It allows me to resume for where I forwarded to if I restart playing after the crash but very weird...

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Now a new thing on the same lines....I noticed ITV player appear this morning in the Smart Hub so I downloaded it. It seemed to play OK and all was good but then today I had two occasions where Smart Hub would not start when pressing the button on either remote. First time around I had to do a Smart Hub reset but when it happened again I called Samsung who recommended a complete ball aching factory reset.

The strange thing was that as soon as Smart Hub started I went to reinstall my apps again and as I clicked into the new ones it showed ITV player very briefly before it disappeared and now I cannot find it....I wonder if it has been pulled because it was messing up Smart Hub?

TRENDING THREADS