Basic advice needed...

dkn2k

Sep 29, 2022
Visit site
I've just bought a very simple TV/Soundbar set-up comprising a 55" Samsung QN94A TV and a Samsung Q930B 9.1.4ch Soundbar. I have Sky Q and a Panasonic Blue Ray player, each being connected via HDMI 2.0 cables. The soundbar is connected using HDMI 2.0 (e-ARC). I believe everything is working 'properly', sound is pretty exceptional, in particular the Netflix and Disney+ via Sky Q. My only concern is whether or not I am maximising the capabilities of the system in respect of the Dolby Atmos. I'm not sure that I'm actually listening to 'Atmos'.. particularly in respect of the 'height' aspect of the sound field. Does anyone have any advice on how I might identify for sure - other than suddenly hearing a passing helicopter fly across my ceiling! - which would reliably allow me to confirm that I am actually receiving an Atmos signal?
Also, would I likely gain anything 'tangible' by upgrading from HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 throughout?
Thanks, in anticipation..

MDR21

Nov 29, 2020
Visit site
I've just bought a very simple TV/Soundbar set-up comprising a 55" Samsung QN94A TV and a Samsung Q930B 9.1.4ch Soundbar. I have Sky Q and a Panasonic Blue Ray player, each being connected via HDMI 2.0 cables. The soundbar is connected using HDMI 2.0 (e-ARC). I believe everything is working 'properly', sound is pretty exceptional, in particular the Netflix and Disney+ via Sky Q. My only concern is whether or not I am maximising the capabilities of the system in respect of the Dolby Atmos. I'm not sure that I'm actually listening to 'Atmos'.. particularly in respect of the 'height' aspect of the sound field. Does anyone have any advice on how I might identify for sure - other than suddenly hearing a passing helicopter fly across my ceiling! - which would reliably allow me to confirm that I am actually receiving an Atmos signal?
Also, would I likely gain anything 'tangible' by upgrading from HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 throughout?
Thanks, in anticipation..

HI I may be shot down in flames but my findings are that 4K UDH and Atmos works better if streamed direct from the TV apps rather that through the SKY Q etc... SKY seem to suppress the playback on most things... not sure why but they do....

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts