Banana plugs £2 or £5, Does it really make a difference

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I've got QED Silver Anniversary XT cable. I've used bare wire, Airlocs at £5 a plug and soldered z-plugs at £1 a plug. They all sound the same in my system (Denon 2807 > Kef 5005.2s). I appreciate the convenience of plugs so I'd have to say that the z-plugs are my favourite option.

A

Anonymous

When you screw down the binding post most of the air should be expelled from the contact area, so there shouldn't be much oxidation where it really matters. I just swapped my speakers over after being connected up for two / three years. The exposed part was black (QED Silver Anniversary XT) but the contact area was still nice and shiny, so I don't think you need to do it too often. About half an inch is all you need to trim each time. ÿÿ

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
beaverme:When you screw down the binding post most of the air should be expelled from the contact area, so there shouldn't be much oxidation where it really matters. I just swapped my speakers over after being connected up for two / three years. The exposed part was black (QED Silver Anniversary XT) but the contact area was still nice and shiny, so I don't think you need to do it too often. About half an inch is all you need to trim each time.

Sorry, only just come back to this one. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts