Bah...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well, after much to-ing and fro-ing I took it back for a refund today - didn't fancy sending it away as it was flawed when I got it! Interestingly the lady at John Lewis said they can only accept a refund if Apple agree but when she went to put it on the system it said "Apple no longer require a case report for this item" - seems the QC issues must be quite common!

Sadly it seems they're thin on the ground at the moment, nowhere near has any stock - I was just getting into Garage Band too, I had it hooked up to a serious system at my desk this morning and it was pretty impressive to see the rock musicians in the office go to town on it. I ended up with a damn fine rendition of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" saved to it, despite the drummer and bass player complaining it doesn't do 3/3 time, only 4/4... :)

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
AEJim said:
John Duncan said:
Totally off-topic, but I'm on assignment in Swindon for the next month on and off (staying overnight a lot), we should do beers...

Sounds like a plan! It'll take the edge off staying in Swindon! ;)

With the in-laws, to boot. Actually, i'm not sure there's enough beer in the world...

smiley-laughing.gif

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well my new iPad will arrive tomorrow - directly from Apple this time. Apparently they are usually "better" quality though this just seems to be anecdotal and I can't see a real reason for it aside from that they may have newer batches. I guess with the lack of current stock availability it will be from a newer batch anyway so fingers crossed it's problem free! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts