Bad speaker cable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Screws!? I remember reading this too. How in the world is that meant to work???

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="igglebert"]Screws!? I remember reading this too. How in the world is that meant to work???[/quote]
Audiophile 'faith' and 'heresay'[/quote]
Nah, it must work...I'm gunna go and try...does the screwdriver matter???

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"] would still LOVE to know the physics that explains why a solid piece of brass is less good than a piece of wire to connect the 2![/quote]

I am sure there are many reasons. The obvious one is the conductivity. It appears that Brass is a quarter of that of copper.

See: http://www.wisetool.com/designation/cond.htm

A

Anonymous

I've ordered one. I found the next one up that has two heads on the end...supposed to improve the error correction of threading, i.e. if I miss with one head I might hit with the other. Only £80. Bargain. It has a tungsten head too as this affects the residual magnetism of the screw which in turn will give the treble a real lift by channeling the the local magnetic field in a more linear fashion down the power lead. Oh, but my mains filter will probably wipe out the benefits...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts