Bad experience with Jungson Audio

Zack

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I’m Zack from South Africa. I would like to share the following story. I don’t want to get wrong. This story is not a complain I would like to protect future customers to being fraud from Jungson Audio.

In the end of 2009 I decide to start import of Jungson Audio in South Africa. After 1 month negotiations with Grant Fidelity I did my firs import (I couldn’t contact directly with Jungson Audio on that stage). In January 2010 I finally contact directly with Jungson and they said to me they going to do everything to build dealership with me. Then I did my second shipment. When the goods arrived I did advertising in the local hi fi magazine (Audio Video magazine). In the day the magazine was on sell oneter two companies call me and they said to me they also bought Jungson products and they also wanted to become dealers. But actually the real problem came after that. Now I`ll publish my last e mail to Jungson Audio. After that e mail I received reply that they have my e mail and they will replay later but they did`n replay since 19.08.2011

There is the e mail:

Hi Diana
Hope you are well.
I`m not sure you are getting my e mails so there is again thee mail.
I would like to tell you the story with my experience with Jungson audio.
Last year I bought from Grand Fidelity the following products: 1pcs JA 99D for the price of $2200.00; 2 pcs of AV1000D for the price of $3200.00($1600.00 each).(Total $5400.00)
After that I bought from you directly:
1pcs CD Impresion II for the price of $1160;
1 AV1000D for the price of $1200.00;
1pair of BD8 for the price of $500;
1 pair of JA50 for the price of $2270.00;
1pair of BD6 for the price of $900.00.
I’ve got the following problems with these products:
First I sold CD ImpresionII. 2 days later the customer returned to me the CD player because two of the outputs stopped working only XLR output was working. After that I sold the CD player to other customer on a complete lost but he agreed to buy it in this condition.
The speaker BD6 arrived with terrible quality. The cabinets of the speaker were different and 2 days after they arrived one of them just stopped working. The problem was faulty crossovers. Believe it or not I took out the drivers and I threw away the speakers.
Maybe you remember I had a problem with the volume control of JA99D and the problem is still there. It is going up and down by itself.
The worst came when all of AV1000D came back. They were faulty and I should return again the money to the customers. But the worst of all is I lost my reputation.
First AV1000D the protection is on and off all the time.
Second AV1000D the volume control started from 25 and one day just stop working.
On the third AV1000D the volume control went to 50 from itself during my customer watch some move and it blow the speakers so I should pay for the repair of his speakers too.
From all the products I bought from Jungson Audio so far JA50 doesn’t have any problem. They were with me 9 mounts and now from 7 mounts they are in my customer and he is very happy with them so far.
BD8 are still in my showroom and I don’t have any problems with them as well.Let say I had an extremely bad luck but this is the story with my Jungson products.
I’ve got an offer to Jungson if you are agreeing it will be good for both sides. I can send you back my 3 AV1000D for which I paid $4400.00 and because I don’t want to take another chance with integrated amplifiers you can swap them for me for two pairs of JA50 and you can send me the volume control for JA99D.
I’m sure I can sell successfully the monoblocks and they are really very good.
If you are agreeing on my offer we can restore our business relationships.
Jungson audio have got a serious reputation and I don’t see reason not to be agree on the exchange.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Zack

I thing even they are not agree with the exchange they own me back u service and they could offer to me to send me the spare parts. They just keep quiet. For me that means they don’t have any after sale service.

Yesterday I had call from the second company who bought their products and the gentlemen said to me he have got the same problem with one of his JA99D which amp also have been sold to customer.

I`m publishing the story so all future customer of Jungson Audio can just thing another one time before they make the decision for the purchase.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi all

I’m Zack from South Africa. I would like to share the following story. I don’t want to get wrong. This story is not a complain I would like to protect future customers to being fraud from Jungson Audio.

In the end of 2009 I decide to start import of Jungson Audio in South Africa. After 1 month negotiations with Grant Fidelity I did my firs import (I couldn’t contact directly with Jungson Audio on that stage). In January 2010 I finally contact directly with Jungson and they said to me they going to do everything to build dealership with me. Then I did my second shipment. When the goods arrived I did advertising in the local hi fi magazine (Audio Video magazine). In the day the magazine was on sell oneter two companies call me and they said to me they also bought Jungson products and they also wanted to become dealers. But actually the real problem came after that. Now I`ll publish my last e mail to Jungson Audio. After that e mail I received reply that they have my e mail and they will replay later but they did`n replay since 19.08.2011

There is the e mail:

Hi Diana
Hope you are well.
I`m not sure you are getting my e mails so there is again thee mail.
I would like to tell you the story with my experience with Jungson audio.
Last year I bought from Grand Fidelity the following products: 1pcs JA 99D for the price of $2200.00; 2 pcs of AV1000D for the price of $3200.00($1600.00 each).(Total $5400.00)
After that I bought from you directly:
1pcs CD Impresion II for the price of $1160;
1 AV1000D for the price of $1200.00;
1pair of BD8 for the price of $500;
1 pair of JA50 for the price of $2270.00;
1pair of BD6 for the price of $900.00.
I’ve got the following problems with these products:
First I sold CD ImpresionII. 2 days later the customer returned to me the CD player because two of the outputs stopped working only XLR output was working. After that I sold the CD player to other customer on a complete lost but he agreed to buy it in this condition.
The speaker BD6 arrived with terrible quality. The cabinets of the speaker were different and 2 days after they arrived one of them just stopped working. The problem was faulty crossovers. Believe it or not I took out the drivers and I threw away the speakers.
Maybe you remember I had a problem with the volume control of JA99D and the problem is still there. It is going up and down by itself.
The worst came when all of AV1000D came back. They were faulty and I should return again the money to the customers. But the worst of all is I lost my reputation.
First AV1000D the protection is on and off all the time.
Second AV1000D the volume control started from 25 and one day just stop working.
On the third AV1000D the volume control went to 50 from itself during my customer watch some move and it blow the speakers so I should pay for the repair of his speakers too.
From all the products I bought from Jungson Audio so far JA50 doesn’t have any problem. They were with me 9 mounts and now from 7 mounts they are in my customer and he is very happy with them so far.
BD8 are still in my showroom and I don’t have any problems with them as well.Let say I had an extremely bad luck but this is the story with my Jungson products.
I’ve got an offer to Jungson if you are agreeing it will be good for both sides. I can send you back my 3 AV1000D for which I paid $4400.00 and because I don’t want to take another chance with integrated amplifiers you can swap them for me for two pairs of JA50 and you can send me the volume control for JA99D.
I’m sure I can sell successfully the monoblocks and they are really very good.
If you are agreeing on my offer we can restore our business relationships.
Jungson audio have got a serious reputation and I don’t see reason not to be agree on the exchange.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,
Zack

I thing even they are not agree with the exchange they own me back u service and they could offer to me to send me the spare parts. They just keep quiet. For me that means they don’t have any after sale service.

Yesterday I had call from the second company who bought their products and the gentlemen said to me he have got the same problem with one of his JA99D which amp also have been sold to customer.

I`m publishing the story so all future customer of Jungson Audio can just thing another one time before they make the decision for the purchase.

Thank you for your attention.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Very unfortunate.

I owned a JA88D amplifier a few years ago and thought it a really nice bit of kit. I paid £500 fo a six month old ex dem unit which, in hindsight, was an absolute bargain and had no problems with it at all. I sold it for the same amount I paid for it about 8 months later only because it was so big that my wife complained on a regular basis.

A

Anonymous

I am also a dealer for JungSon in South Africa and indeed they don’t seem to care for aftersale service.

I am waiting for something as simple as a circuit diagram so that my technician can repair our client's JA-99D.

No luck.

I have cc'd Wayne Donnelly from Enjoy The Music and many other influencial audio journalists, if any of you know of more contacts to cc, and relevant connections, please chip in?

Thanks

R

A

Anonymous

Oh,

My client just copied me on his email he sent to JungSon, as you can see, it was sent on the 14th of August!!! No follow up since then!

Here follows the reply to my request from Jungson , for the reason for my JD99 s

protection to kick in when my speakers and speaker cable is working fine as usual

Regards adam petousis {another customer}

- On Sun, 8/14/11, jungson-info.au@jungson.com <jungson-info.au@jungson.com> wrote:

From: jungson-info.au@jungson.com <jungson-info.au@jungson.com>
Subject: [Product Information - Jungson.com] my JD99 is in protection mode
To: adampet007@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 12:17 AM

Thank you for interest in JungSon products.
We will be in contact shortly.

A

Anonymous

According to the Jungson website, http://www.jungson.com/

These products have been purchased from cattylink.com who is an unauthorized dealer, who collects re-furbs and other domestic units and then on-sells them to overseas clients. Some amps may not even me genuine.

"JungSon have no any duty and obligation to repair or service any products acquired from Cattylink and have no responsibility for problems caused by products obtained from Cattylink and other unauthorised dealers. JungSon also preserves legal rights to prosecute Cattylink and other unauthorised dealers for damage of JungSon’s brand reputations."

But the starter of this thread claims to have dealt with Jungson directly, correct?

Zack

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I’ve never bought anything from cattylink. My first purchase was from Grant Fidelity (3 items) and the rest I bought direct from the factory in China of Jungson Audio. I have all the invoices so that is the fact.

BTW I stil have no answer from Jungson Audio.

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers,

Zack

A

Anonymous

I purchased my Jungson's from Grant Fidelity (Rachel), not cattylink.

The North American distributor apparently facilitated the sale between the factory and us, so we actually did the transaction with them.

We did find that one of the units currently still with our technician was in fact worked on and they were dry joints all over the place and poorly soldered transistors. We even emailed them pics and they decided to remain quiet on the issue.

Guys PLEASE BEWARE - STAY AWAY FROM JUNGSON, you will be seriously let down.

We will publish a warning in our local audio visual magazine that no dealers or client are to come close to this brand. Our aim now will be to protect anyone in this country aiming at purchasing this brand.

A

Anonymous

Hello can anyone can provide me the schematic for my JUNGSON JA99D.

I have the security mode issue and without this document it's not possible to repair.

Thank you.

T

the record spot

Try the HiFi Engine site too, they have a lot of free manuals and schematics too, might be worth checking out as well as the DIYAudio site.

dbbloke

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Had given up with WHF, but found this story somehow and feel I should make some balanced comment.

Seems a G.F. problem, Not Jungson, Zack - how do you buy direct from the factory??

I own a system mostly sourced from Cattylink, they are brilliant to deal with. It's a very legitimate online business. But because of their cheap prices it seems everyone else hates competition. Shipping to OZ is easier on account of the $1000 import laws.

jungson.com AFAIK is not Jungson but just a distributor in Australia who gets upset with competition. Read about it at cattylink and make your opinion, perhaps read some forum posts as well elsewhere.

The real Jungson can be found at http://www.hdlt.com/

The Impression mk2 (luxury) is an amazing piece of kit, my room transforms into a real venue every time I hook it up. Midrange and detail let alone rock solid and clear bottom end on the 2009 88d (class A afaik, clsoe to 180w) is also equally awesome, especially given the price. Also, it survives shipping vibration (OZ to UK) without problem, same can't be said of Sugden (When I first moved to OZ it needed repair after vibration damage!) I love Sugden gear BTW, always have for 40yrs+ now. In retrospect I would probably go for the seperate jungson pre/dual 100w class A power monoblocks, take up a lot of room though, looks like an amp should :), SUPER bargain amp. Link to some reviews on this page.

http://www.drhifi.net.au/Used%20Equipment/Jungson/JA-100/1.htm

I'll post some pictures on my site, I had to take off the base plate of the impression just to wonder how it managed such an amazing sound recently and to look at tube rolling options. Uses the same allen bolts as the head on the engine in my car, its indestructable!! Cattylink also do an amazing line in silver cored speaker cables fwiw.

Grant I read has has health issues! China and Russia (huh, from where) are not the villians.

Interesting link here http://www.enjoythemusic.com/china_2009/jungson_audio/

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

camcroft said:
The_Lhc said:
The OP is 18 months old and "Zack" hasn't been seen since.
Possibly had a visit from the blade runner!!!

You don't have any proof of that, and be careful with such unproven accusations, if it was to go to court, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
shifty.gif

Zack

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi sorry about my late reply but I haven`t been in the forum for over two years. I hope this help. jungson_m@vip.163.com

mermoz69

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

The website you mention is not the official website from Jungson. It is the retailer (probably not official) of Australia. So, no after sale service...

When I was living in Shenzhen, China, I bought an amplifier V88 in China by a chinese retailer in Shenzhen.

I had a problem with it after the end of year warranty. After discussion with the factory, the repaired it for free (including the shipping). Ok, the factory was in Taishan, 200 km from SZ, so not big effort. The transportation maybe only $80.

If you need some information, you can try this email : jungson_m@vip.163.com.

Cattylink is not fake but not official installed in Hong Kong (seems to be the same as the one of Australia).

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I notice Zack copy pasted this experience with Jugson Audio on 3 different forums.

http://www.whathifi.com (UK)

http://www.audiokarma.org (USA)

http://www.stereo.net.au (AUS)

http://starchive.phxaudiotape.com (USA)

I wonder why?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts