Backlight on Panasonic 32LXD700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have slight backlight bleed on my TV and was told that turning down the backlight may help? However, for some reason, the only way to access this is through the service menu so not sure whether this will affect the warranty? Have any of you changed the backlight?

A

Anonymous

Don't know about the Panny specifically but lowering the backlight level (and brightness level) is the most commonly advised first fix for backlight bleed problems. It will improve the "blackness" of your blacks too.

I can't see why that should invalidate your warranty, it's surely a setting that can be just as easily reset to factory defaults.

A

Anonymous

I tried lowering the brightness level but that made no difference I'm afraid so thought it might be worth trying to lower the blackllight but not really sure how to do this?

I was told that changing settings via the service menu would invalidate the warranty but not sure about this and haven't had a reply from my email to Panasonic yet.

A

Anonymous

Surely, if you are capable of reducing the backlight, you could reset it should the need arise.

A

Anonymous

Yes I could but, if it does invalidate the warranty, I would be worried that if the TV 'died' I would not be able to put it back to the original settings.

Has anyone with this TV changed the backlight and was it an improvement?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts