Back after a few years (formerly DM)

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have had a long hiatus but some here may still remember me as DM.

Since on here last some years ago I had a couple of system changes but I tend to stick to something for quite a while. I just get used to it and unless it's awful I can live with it. - Hifi is never priority on my list but I do enjoy it here and there. Being a Hegel fan I had a H90 and then the H120 in my last/previous system (with Quad speakers). This was streaming only and I exclusively use/d Tidal Hifi and Quobuz Hi-Res as source.

Having moved house a few times over the last 10 years I have abandoned Vinyl and CD's a few years ago as it just became too much. To add to my more life style orientated ... life style and to further reduce box count I sold my last system and replaced it with some Kef LS50W II's which are now my only Hifi hardware (other than a CCA and a small DAC which I don't use. Simple and relatively cost effective they serve their purpose and I enjoy listening to them.

Over the years I have used all sorts of systems including Tubes and hope that some of my (limited) knowledge may help somebody on their journey.

I am not in any particular camp regarding topologies.

Speak soon

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi everyone

I have had a long hiatus but some here may still remember me as DM.

Since on here last some years ago I had a couple of system changes but I tend to stick to something for quite a while. I just get used to it and unless it's awful I can live with it. - Hifi is never priority on my list but I do enjoy it here and there. Being a Hegel fan I had a H90 and then the H120 in my last/previous system (with Quad speakers). This was streaming only and I exclusively use/d Tidal Hifi and Quobuz Hi-Res as source.

Having moved house a few times over the last 10 years I have abandoned Vinyl and CD's a few years ago as it just became too much. To add to my more life style orientated ... life style and to further reduce box count I sold my last system and replaced it with some Kef LS50W II's which are now my only Hifi hardware (other than a CCA and a small DAC which I don't use. Simple and relatively cost effective they serve their purpose and I enjoy listening to them.

Over the years I have used all sorts of systems including Tubes and hope that some of my (limited) knowledge may help somebody on their journey.

I am not in any particular camp regarding topologies.

Speak soon
Hi DrummerMan, good to see you!

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
... and you gel. I see you got more involved in admin here. Nice to see an old face. I had a brief look and could recognise some others. I will, over time, re-reintroduce myself. Not sure why I didn't just use my old forum name ... . Speak soon.

D

Deleted member 2457

... and you gel. I see you got more involved in admin here. Nice to see an old face. I had a brief look and could recognise some others. I will, over time, re-reintroduce myself. Not sure why I didn't just use my old forum name ... . Speak soon.
You can still use your old forum account if you want to, I will just delete your new account. Let us know if you have a problem with activating it again. (y)

D

Deleted member 2457

You might need a new password to activate your old account again, let us know if you want to? Cheers.

Reactions: RoA
D

Deleted member 2457

Have you still got the same old email address for your old account Drummerman? I will get someone to send you an email for you to use your old account again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi gel

Thanks , yes it should be the same. I don't mind using the new account but the old one is fine too.
I have come up with an idea below then for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

Would you just like your username changed to your old one on your new account? Or changed to DM?
You could always put I am Drummerman in your signature so people know who you are?

D

Deleted member 188533

Hello there. Gel says you might want to reactivate your old account and may need some help doing so? If so just confirm it for me and I'll have one of the Community Managers look at it and see if we can't make that happen for you.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hello there. Gel says you might want to reactivate your old account and may need some help doing so? If so just confirm it for me and I'll have one of the Community Managers look at it and see if we can't make that happen for you.
Hi Anort, he would like his new account changed to DM please? Thanks

D

Deleted member 188533

Just to be clear do you want this account's name changed or do you want the old account back? I know there can't be two accounts with the same name so they couldn't change this account's name to exactly what the old account was.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Just to be clear do you want this account's name changed or do you want the old account back? I know there can't be two accounts with the same name so they couldn't change this account's name to exactly what the old account was.

Hi Anort

Thanks everyone. It's really no issue so I just keep the new account with the new name.

D

Deleted member 188533

It's really no problem either way so if you decide differently just let me or another mod know. Entirely up to you. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts