B&W Zeppelin seems to be broken. Please help...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yesterday my zeppelin was playing music, when it all of a sudden turned really really loud, all on it's own. I quickly turned it down, as it was far too loud!

It remained at this low level for another song or two, when it did it again. I've since reset my iPod updated itunes and unplugged and zeppelin for around half an hour. The problem still remains.

I have since left the zepplelin unplugged again to try to reset it, now when I plug it back in, the red light illuminates and keeps flashing red. NOTHING WORKS!

Has anybody else had or heard of this problem. Looks like I will have to contact B&W tomorrow.

Please help if you can

Cheers

Jonathan

A

Anonymous

Yes, i would certainly say you have a faulty Zeppelin. I have seen this myself with others and B and W have repaired them free of charge. In my experience B and W have excellent after sales care.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys!

I will report tommorow with the answers from B&W

stuart123

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
When I went in to audition one last year I thought it was broken as well because the sound was so rubbish. Turns out they are meant to sound like that! Get a Onkyo or Denon with a dock to pee all over it. Style over substance in one marketing mans dream!

idc

stuart123:When I went in to audition one last year I thought it was broken as well because the sound was so rubbish. Turns out they are meant to sound like that! Get a Onkyo or Denon with a dock to pee all over it. Style over substance in one marketing mans dream!

Ah stuart123, if you do that on anything electrical it probably will stop working. A Zeppelin remains the upgrade of choice for me the next time I get any money together, but maybe I will audition it against a Denon or similar system just to hear which is best. I want to be open minded on the subject!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well don't go for ÿa Bose Sounddock either as they are overrated too. Mind you good for taking on holiday once or twice a year.

ÿ

ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the Zeppelin is in my opinion the best sounding ipod dock on the market once you have altered the bass setting so it doen't swamp the midrange

it is however beaten by the fatman carbon and a pair of MA Br1s if you happy to have a system that not an all in one.

A

Anonymous

Just to keep you informed!

B&W have so far proved to have outstanding customer service!!

They have collected my broken Zeppelin today. I'm off on holiday now for a week, but expect it back before I get back. (b&w have quoted approx 5 working days for repair)

Watch this space for more info....

A

Anonymous

Wow, everybody has broken Zeppelins!

I was having problems with bass distortion at low volumes, I ran the offending tracks through a volume leveller, and that worked for all but one or tow, so I ended up taking my Zeppelin back and getting a replacement one.

The problem I have now is the annoying background buzz/whine that only a few people seem to be able to hear, and only in quiet music. Eddie Pound was saying he'd heard about it. On the old zeppelin it was slightly apparent, but on my new one it's really obvious, and it heppens more from the iPod dock than the AUX input.

any ideas?

idc

Two suggestions. One is the transformer in the power supply. The PSU on my laptop also buzzed and emitted a high pitched whine, so it is being replaced. The other is a fault within the Zeppelin where the ipod dock is remaining an 'open circuit' when the ipod is no longer plugged into it. My Bose closes the circuit when the ipod is removed and no hiss or buzz comes out of the speakers. But on my headphone amp when I remove the ipod from the GQ-24 cable it remains as an open circuit so you can hear noise through the headphones, so the recommendation is that I turn it off when the ipod is not connected. both of these suggestions produce the noise you describe.

A

Anonymous

Thanks

I'll have to do a bit more research to see whether it's the iPod dock specifically making the noise, or wether or not it's a transformer problem. I'm leaning towards it being the open circuit thing, but more as a engineering flaw than my having a dud model, because it happened to me in both my old Zeppelin and my current one.

A

Anonymous

I have had a zeppelin now for maybe 2 years and have had no problems but recently had removed the ipod whilst leaving the dock still plugged in. Maybe after a week or so i plugged the ipod back in and got a buzzing noise coming from it but it went away after removing the ipod. I had heard about problems similar to this. I unplugged the ipod and cleaned both the ipod connection and the dock connection with white spirit and hey presto the noise had gone, however i removed the ipod again 2 weeks later and the noise came back when plugging it in. I repeated the cleaning process and again its fine, very strange indeed. In future i am going to switch the dock off at the mains when removing the ipod to see if this makes any difference with reference to the open circuit issue in this thread as open circuits are not good on some devices ie current transformers which can burn out on electrical systems, whether this is relevant or not it is worth a try to see if it eliminates the problem.

Pete2014

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having a problem with my zeppelin air, i turn it on by the mains but no light shows up on the speaker its self is it broken or can it be fixed???

sandeebrooke

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Having big problems with our B&W Zeppelin ipod dock... its the second one we've had and its doing the same as the first! When its unplugged and moved to another room once switched back on the red light slowly flashes on and off then starts flashing red quickly and won't turm to blue....other times its ok??? What is the correct way to switch it on, with the ipod in the dock or not?? Whatever we do its never simple.. sometimes it works first time then other times its a real fight.... not impressed . Advice please

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts