B&W PX5

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Ordered the above from SSAV for £189. Just got in from work and tried them out. What a disappointment. Hard sounding, recessed treble, no life and thumpy bass.
Dug out my Sennheiser Momentum 1 on ears to compare, different league. Sparkling treble, deep clear bass, spacious midrange.
Does anyone own the PX5’s? Will they get better with use? I don’t see it myself.

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I know what your saying, this does apply to certain kit. I think I’ve got too used to the Sennheiser sound. I’ve got some AKG K450 that sounded very similar to the PX5’s and I did use them extensively on holiday etc. I didn’t find they changed much, if at all in all that time. Very dull and recessed sounding much like the PX5’s. Such a shame, beautiful build quality and looks on these things. Only bought them now because of the discount, can’t imagine I’ll be flying anywhere soon to make use of the NC. I’ll wait and see what Sony release this year.

Pokey

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
B&W headphones were pretty hit and miss for me. I didn‘t try the PX series yet, but if the PX5 sound anything like the older P5, I can see where you‘re coming from. The P7 Wireless did sound great to me though, so I‘d be curious to compare the PX5 and PX7 to them.

Slothy

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I think it’s just my expectations are too high. It’s all too easy to believe the the 5 star reviews on these noise cancelling headphones, when the reality is maybe they don’t sound any better than a £50 wired headphone. If I’m going to be paying close to £300 for a set of cans, they would have to sound better than an old pair of Sennheiser Momentums in my opinion.
The problem with headphones is auditioning them.

roba666

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I think it’s just my expectations are too high. It’s all too easy to believe the the 5 star reviews on these noise cancelling headphones, when the reality is maybe they don’t sound any better than a £50 wired headphone. If I’m going to be paying close to £300 for a set of cans, they would have to sound better than an old pair of Sennheiser Momentums in my opinion.
The problem with headphones is auditioning them.

Give the Sony WH-1000XM3 a go, I think they sound great and the NC is excellent around the house and also on a 13hr flight to Nam. Long battery life too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts