B&W PV1 - Help

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have just hooked up my MT-30 system but I cannot get the PV1 sub to work. There is no sound whatsoever coming from it!!! It is connected to my old NAD T751 Receiver with a single phono to the receiver. The M-1s work alright.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any lights that are supposed to come on and indicate that there is at least some power going through to the sub?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, there's an LED on the top which changes colour to show the operating state of the sub. To quote the manual:

The MODE standby/auto/on switch operates as follows:

O On:
With the switch in this position, the
amplifier remains permanently on, and the
light glows green.

A Auto:
On first switching the subwoofer to Auto,
the amplifier goes into standby mode, and
the light glows red. When an input signal is
detected, the amplifier automatically
becomes fully active and the light glows
green. After a period of about 5 minutes
without an input signal, the amplifier
automatically reverts to standby mode and
the light glows red.

s Standby:
In this position, the amplifier is in permanent
standby, and the light glows red.

So if you don't even have that light, you either have a duff unit or a power problem.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Andrew; my manual has suddenly disappeared and i only have my wife to blame!!!

I probably have a duff unit as there are no issues with the power. Serves me right for having purchased the unit about 4 weeks ago and only setting it up now. Fingers crossed I get a replacement as opposed to having it repaired.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well it could be that the internal fuse has blown: it's in a carrier in the rear panel, so having disconnected the sub from the mains you could take it out and have a look. Should be a glass fuse, so it'll be obvious if it's gone.

But if it has blown, chances are it's done so for a reason, so I'd suggest getting the sub checked out/replaced. And in the circs, it should be replaced, not repaired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts