B&W MT-30 vs Monitor Audio Apex

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
gel:
def lugs:For similiar money to MT30's it might be worth checking out Monitor Audio's R270HD10 system. I find the floor standers up front do a great job both with music and movies. More importantly, my wife also thinks they fit in well with the decor.

Can i just ask what amp do you have them with?

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

Denon 2310 which although reportedly not the best with music, still does a damn fine job. Especially when playing multichannel DVD-audio. I also occasionally plug the speakers into an audiolab 8000a which I use as the phono stage < the inbuilt denon phono input was a touch lacking > these speakers definitely exceed my expectations with music.

Another plus point with the R270HD's is they are not unbalanced by close positioning to the rear wall.

D

Deleted member 2457

def lugs:gel:

def lugs:For similiar money to MT30's it might be worth checking out Monitor Audio's R270HD10 system. I find the floor standers up front do a great job both with music and movies. More importantly, my wife also thinks they fit in well with the decor.

Can i just ask what amp do you have them with?

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

Denon 2310 which although reportedly not the best with music, still does a damn fine job. Especially when playing multichannel DVD-audio. I also occasionally plug the speakers into an audiolab 8000a which I use as the phono stage < the inbuilt denon phono input was a touch lacking > these speakers definitely exceed my expectations with music.

Another plus point with the R270HD's is they are not unbalanced by close positioning to the rear wall.

Sound really good mate cheers for that
emotion-21.gif
i was reading about this guys system and he has your speakers with a pioneer sc-lx71 amp, so i was curious about them and what they were like.

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts