B&W in trouble!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
Yes, they deserve better than being jerked around to make stupid wireless clones when they have such a great heritage.
Wish they could return to their roots, but the volume and $$ are in headphones etc!
Glad the new buyers have a hifi pedigree, but I guess the old Rotel partnership is going to bite the dust?

Reactions: Sliced Bread
D

Deleted member 188516

will the design staff and (some) of the manufacturing stay in the u.k ?

D

Deleted member 116933

As long as there allowed to do there thing then its a good thing, Samsung own B&O and many others and let them get on with it. BUT it allows the brands name to get used on things. Like how Panasonic slap Leica name on things when they really haven't been involved, its a proper money maker for the brand holder.

Reactions: Sliced Bread
D

Deleted member 116933

Samsung owns only Bang & Olufsen's Automotive car audio business via Harman International, not entire B&O.

Still owns a very big segment of them. Which means they can use the name how they see fit in that space . That’s really what they wanted the brand licence, love them or hate them they have a recognition.

D

Deleted member 188516

Yes, they deserve better than being jerked around to make stupid wireless clones when they have such a great heritage.
Wish they could return to their roots, but the volume and $$ are in headphones etc!
Glad the new buyers have a hifi pedigree, but I guess the old Rotel partnership is going to bite the dust?

will the rotel "partnership" be replaced by marantz instead ?

noted b&w are often demonstrated with marantz kit.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
B&W hasn't been relevant in years! They priced themselves out of the market, and out of dealer showrooms with their upper lines. Too much money for not enough performance will kill any company.

Reactions: chebby

Sliced Bread

As long as there allowed to do there thing then its a good thing, Samsung own B&O and many others and let them get on with it. BUT it allows the brands name to get used on things. Like how Panasonic slap Leica name on things when they really haven't been involved, its a proper money maker for the brand holder.
I never realised that about Pana / Leica. That’s quite cheeky.

D

Deleted member 116933

That is incorrect. If you check B&O's annual report, they don't mention car audio at all.

Because they have nothing to do with it. Samsung wholly owns the harman group. And you corrected me because I said B&O as a whole and meant to say the car audio segment.

A nice quick google brings this up

" In May 2015, HARMAN International Industries (which later became a subsidiary of Samsung), announced the completion of its acquisition of Bang & OlufsenAutomotive car audio business."

Samsung "built" the Burj Khalifa but that segment of there business arm isnt know as sumsung and acts as its own entity and has it own annual report.

It's like looking at pioneer for the annual report for the AV amplifiers and blue-ray players, you're not going find it, as the company no longer owns that segment of the business, you're looking in the wrong place.

scene

I hope B&W are "saved" by being brought into the Sound United stable. Hopefully this will give them the financial security they need. Also could mean future B&W speakers tuned to work with Marantz/Denon kit - which could be a good thing.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts