B&W CM8, Dynaudio EXcite X32, Montor audio RX 6/8?????????????

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you've answered your own question. I auditioned RX8s against CM8s, and both were excellent, with the RX8s slightly better on sound quality, but my wife preferred the aesthetics of the CM8s. So we went for the CM8s, and really enjoying them.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
peterpan said:
Not too much bass? That will be said from the RX 8.

Very subjective!

Everybody has their own definition of what is too much or too little bass. I think the bass is the perfect amount but for other people it will be too much. We shouldn't label things based on our own opinion.

This is why having a demo is so important

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
RX8 does have too much bass IMO. As for the CM8, RX6, and X32, all 3 are rank at the top in that price range. They are all outstanding speakers and give you great value for money. However, IMO, the X32 is the standout. The X32 is the best balanced of all 3. It will sound the most "real" and have the most accurate tonal balance of the 3. It is an exceptionally good speaker. With that said, you can't go wrong with any of them, but I'd rank them for my own preference like this: X32, RX6, CM8, RX8

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Jaxwired,

Agree. I find the highs of the X32 best off all. Never too sharp. But i find the bass not so good. I have listen with some symfonic metal with high female voices. I find the bass with that music from the RX 6 better. The music sounds more lively too.Rx 8 sounds fuller, richer than the rx 6, but that bass was often too much.

The best were a mix of these 3 ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts