B&W 804s Vs Monitor Audio Gx200

murphczx

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

My current configuration is Shanling CD3000 , Roksan Kandy K2 Pre & Power config driving a pair of Monitor Audio GX 200. I have been offered a pair of B&W 804 S and I am trying to get some independant views as to whether I should change my speakers. I have tried to listen to both side by side using an array of songs / tracks and I am struggeling to decide which are better. I need to play around a little with placement and angle ....but does anyone haveany views ....in terms of what I should be listening out for and also any reccomendations on tracks to try and help with my assessment.

Thnaks in advance

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
murphczx said:
Hello all,

My current configuration is Shanling CD3000 , Roksan Kandy K2 Pre & Power config driving a pair of Monitor Audio GX 200. I have been offered a pair of B&W 804 S and I am trying to get some independant views as to whether I should change my speakers. I have tried to listen to both side by side using an array of songs / tracks and I am struggeling to decide which are better. I need to play around a little with placement and angle ....but does anyone haveany views ....in terms of what I should be listening out for and also any reccomendations on tracks to try and help with my assessment.

Thnaks in advance

I had tried out the 804D2 speaker against the GX200 in the past. Ironically, it was on a Roksan Caspian. For me, in the room we had at disposal for this test, at 60, 75, and 80dB , the 804 seemed clearly superior in the ability to give back finer sound nuances, better dynamic and better soundstage.

murphczx said:
Hello all,

Thnaks in advance

If you are struggling to decide and you've actually heard both I fail to see how we can help. No point us recommending tracks from a musical genre you do not listen to yourself.

All I can say is I know which ones I would have in my system, and that's not the MA's. This, unfortunately, is not going to help you.

My advice would be, if you still have access to both, is to put on a bit of music you are very familiar with and then spend some time playing with the position of each speaker in turn until you find the optimal placement for each. Then listen again to something else you are really familiar with.

Also consider which would probably the most easiest to live with especially if you come to a point in your life where you have to move house or move your speakers to a larger room i.e. think long-term.

murphczx

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that. Funnily enough I have just being playing with the angle and position Of The b&w. It us making a dulifference as you would expect.Where my head's at is that the b&w feel like A better long term strategic choice . Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts