B&W 705s opinion

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I have been offered a pair of B&W 705s speakers for 500 quid. Would these offer any improvement over my current B&W P5's. rest of system is cyrus kit (pre xvs, cd 8, pxr supply and 8power)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Noooo...

Stay with the P5's. Theyre great speakers and will give out a better soundstage and bass respopnse compared to the 705's.

I was offered similar and auditioned the 705's with my Arcam integrated and power amp and they sounded good but hollow. I didnt think that they had any bass welly at all and the midrange was a little harsh for my liking.

I've listened to the P4's and P5's recently, and for their age, they were superb speakers. The P4's shocked me at the power they kick out and the P5's were the icing on the bun.

A

Anonymous

I agree, when i heard the 705s they sounded thin - didn't like them at all. 805s have quite a different sound.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peteAllen"]I agree, when i heard the 705s they sounded thin - didn't like them at all. 805s have quite a different sound.[/quote]
Yes i hold exactly the same opinion they sounded thin.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I've owned a lot of B&W speakers, the P6 were the worst, I couldn't get on with them at all, basically the treble was screetchy and dry, they had to go, the 700 series managed to sound just as bad, if you want a good B&W for good money try the older matrix range, something like the 804, lovely sounding speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts