B&W 685 fronts Kef 3001 rears??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I went to listen to the B&W 685 Theatre pack and oh my god it was good. I currently have a set of Kef 3005se and I could hear the difference in sound compared to my kef’s. Don’t get me wrong the Kef’s are good but not as good as the B&W’s. I listened to it through a denon 1911 as I have the 1910 at home and the man in the shop said that they should sound roughly the same.

[size=3>[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][/size=3>[font]

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No problem with using the KEFs for the rears, but I'd buy the HTM62 centre speaker along with the 685s: otherwise you'll have some weird tonal stuff going on across the front three channels if you use the KEF KHT centre with the B&Ws on the left/right.

A

Anonymous

Cool thanks for the reply

To be honest it was the centre that impressed me the most about the B&W pack. When people spoke the sound was clearer and seemed bigger somehow. It had a more natural feel to it. With my kef's when people speak it feels like it coming from the speaker, guess that's the advantage of having a proper speakers instead of style speaker.

Guess it will be a slow upgrade and trying to integrate them into my front room without my wife noticing.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I think she may notice traditional sized speakers over the KEF 3001's somehow.....
emotion-4.gif

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:I think she may notice traditional sized speakers over the KEF 3001's somehow.....
emotion-4.gif

Yep, the, "Those? No, we've had them ages" defence is unlikely to work!

A

Anonymous

The day my MA BX2 turned up and replaced my old Z5500 little Satellite Speakers on either side of the TV wasnt met with the same grin I had when I first opened them up.

A Projector setup is my next purchase but I want 3D but not til the prices come down. She doesnt seem overly keen on the idea of a projector screen though

Is any which are not as noticeable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts