B&W 684 (org) vs Wharfedale Crystal 4.3

AE35

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys

New here - this is my first post!

So, regarding speakers. I have been using B&W for over 20 years. A couple of years back my wife wanted to get rid of our stand-mounted speakers and get floorstanding speakers. We agreed on the 684's (originals). However, I would like something different than B&W the next time; especially, I would like to try something that does not use a metal tweeter.

So, I have been looking at Wharfedale Crystal 4.3. They are EXTREMELY good looking! I could sell these to my wife, no problem. She loves how the B&W has that yellow kevlar on a black speaker - this could carry straight over to the 4.3's. My worry is that they might not be better than the 684's? What do you think? They seem to be in the same price range, but the 4.3's are 'true' three-way speakers.

Wharfedale Crystal 4.3:

B&W 684 (original):
https://www.whathifi.com/us/bw/684/review (Thanks for including price in the review, that is awesome!)

Thanks for reading!
Nicholas

AE35

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi. The Oberon 5's seem to be at the same price as my 684's (original) and the Wharfedale Crystal 4.3's. The Oberons are good looking speakers, and they are Danish - like me. However, they are as great looking as the 684's or the 4.3's :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts