Azur 550 A or PM6003 your opinions......?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Howdy all, I'm a bedroom DJ (using my loft) and I've recently purchased a pair of Aviano 1's recomended by 'what hi fi'.

I went down my local Richer sounds, demo'd them along with a pair of Lektor 2's and went for the Aviano's.

Anyway to make a long story short I want to try and get as many of your opinons as possible as to which amp you'd rather have.

The Cambridge audio azur 550 A or the Marantz PM6003? I will be demo-ing both of course, but I just want to see what people say about each. I know the PM6003 won an award recently, but I want to know what makes it award winning and is it loads better?

P.s I play plenty of dance music and hip hop etc. if this helps?

Cheers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'd be going for the Marantz even though I'm not a huge fan of both mentioned amps.

The C/A amps sound too clinical to me (lacking in bass weight and a bit too bright in the treble) whereas the MAranzt amps are very smooth and detailed but they dont have a lot of 'grunt' etc...

I listen to a lot of electronica (Massive Attack/Layo & Bushwacka/Leftfield/Vampire Weekend/Fischerspooner) and can say that a NAD amp would do your tatse in music hell of a lot more justice.

You could look at the NAD C315BEE or C326BEE integrated amps OR if you wanted to save £££ you could always consider a NAD C320BEE integrated amp or the NAD C352 integrated via eBay if you can find one).

Both are superb amps with bags of power and offer superb, low down grunt thats well timed and not muddy at all as well as dmooth, detailed midrange and crisp, clear treble.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys I'm liking the sound and price of the Nad C326BEE, this could sway me I think..?

Will check back with you on Saturday when I intend to purchase.............

A

Anonymous

Maybe you should go for the amp that was used at the demo that made you pick the Avianos over the Lektors.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
poisson neuf:
Cheers guys I'm liking the sound and price of the Nad C326BEE, this could sway me I think..?

Will check back with you on Saturday when I intend to purchase.............

Make sure you can demo the amp and also ask to see if you can take your speakers along if the dealer doesnt have them in.

IMO though I think/know you'll be fine and better off with the NAD :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
georgejack:
As usual, the predictable and somewhat mundane "go for a NAD!" replies have struck again.

Well with your wisdom why dont you offer us your opinion; after all that's what these forums are all about!!!

I think you'd find that a lot of people would recommend the NAD sepaerates, more so for budget systems, as that's where they do so well!

Be casreful of what you type as it may round and stand on your toes very hard!

matthewpiano

georgejack:
As usual, the predictable and somewhat mundane "go for a NAD!" replies have struck again.

Possibly because NAD make exceptionally good budget amplifiers!! The most important thing is that there is nothing 'mundane' about the sound they make.

Anyway, it is just people sharing their thoughts with the OP. It might be more constructive if you made some positive recommendations instead of criticising those made by others.

T

the record spot

If you want an alternative, Harman Kardon's HK980 amp. I have a feeling this one could be a bit good.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, not read through the comments but the Cambridge is what you want given your surroundings and music tastes.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
georgejack:
I'm totally unbiased towards branding as I own many a source/amplification component from many a brand. It just seems that post after post, it's all "go for NAD".

My feeling exactly.

A

Anonymous

Alright guys, put the handbags down and let's all calm down. I love me music and i'm looking for some relatively good sounds on a budget. No need to get aggro with eachother over brands and spelling mistakes eh?

I welcome all your opinions but let's try and be posotive. At the end of the day your recommendations are what is going to eventually help me decide. There's so many amps out there worth between 2-300 quid, I would just like a handful to choose from before I go in and listen...... So with that said, thanx you very much, and I'll let you know soon.....

T

the record spot

...and the Harman.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Well i'm now in a situation where i'm liking the Harman alot, but Camden is my nearest supplier. Anyone know where i can hear one in South London, Surrey or Kent? The Nad, Marantz and CA are all accessable locally but not the Harman.....?

TRENDING THREADS