Awards competition: winners announced!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
<Sigh> prepares for crushing disappointment again...

EDIT: Yep, thought so.

Amazing really, 40 different winners and not one of them is recognisable from this forum, what are the odds of that?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:

Amazing really, 40 different winners and not one of them is recognisable from this forum, what are the odds of that?
Yes you are right,pretty frustrating I must say.Odds pretty high thanks to facebook no doubt.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
The_Lhc said:

Yes you are right,pretty frustrating I must say.Odds pretty high thanks to facebook no doubt.

Although this wasn't the Facebook competition.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
The_Lhc said:

This isn't the facebook competition but I know the popular comps get tens of thousands of entries. We'd need to know roughly how many people post regularly (make your own definition of regularly). I'd guess I'd recognise 100 different usernames if scattered at random through a list.

So, assume 40,000 entries, 40 prizes, so that's 1000-1 for each entrant, now 100 recognisable entrants, each at 1000-1, so 10-1 I reckon, if my guesstimates for total number of entrants and number of recognisable entrants are in any way close. Interesting.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
This isn't the facebook competition but I know the popular comps get tens of thousands of entries. We'd need to know roughly how many people post regularly (make your own definition of regularly). I'd guess I'd recognise 100 different usernames if scattered at random through a list.

So, assume 40,000 entries, 40 prizes, so that's 1000-1 for each entrant, now 100 recognisable entrants, each at 1000-1, so 10-1 I reckon, if my guesstimates for total number of entrants and number of recognisable entrants are in any way close. Interesting.

That depends if an entrant is removed from draws for other prizes once winning or whether (theoretically) someone could win all of them. This could maintain a 40,000-1 ratio throughout.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
The_Lhc said:

That depends if an entrant is removed from draws for other prizes once winning or whether (theoretically) someone could win all of them. This could maintain a 40,000-1 ratio throughout.

True but even removing 39 entrants from the draw isn't going to change the odds significantly with a field of 40,000 (at worst our 1000-1 will be slightly more than 999-1. We can assume that we aren't removing 39 recognisable winners from the 100 as well because as soon as we get 1 recognisable winner the requirement is satisfied and we can stop calculating).

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My heart was pounding as i read down the list but alas it was not meant to be LOL!! just have to congratulate the winners. TBH this site and these forums and you guys are better to me than any prize. The information and knowledge made available is invaluable. The entertainment form the banter is hilarious. Hope You feel a bit better now lol!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
The_Lhc said:
kevin7.1 said:
TBH this site and these forums and you guys are better to me than any prize.

You do know there was a TV on the list don't you?

Lol see thats what i mean!!!

I may be getting a new better job so my mood is elevated at the minute. Take your credit while you can!!!

I'm just glad you realised it was supposed to funny, that's better than the response most of my jokes get...

What's the job, or don't you want to jinx it before it's in the bag?

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to jinx it, trying not to let myself get too excited. The main thing it will give me is some stability after a tough few years on the job front.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I'm just glad you realised it was supposed to funny, that's better than the response most of my jokes get...

Warhorse was pretty good - I told that one at work. Although looking back, maybe it works better in print rather than verbally.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
The_Lhc said:

Warhorse was pretty good - I told that one at work. Although looking back, maybe it works better in print rather than verbally.

You'd need to get the accent right if you're telling it verbally. I'm imagining a proper tumbleweed moment now!

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
In the accent needed stakes it's up there with, "How do people from Birmingham tell the diference between a bufallo and bison? You can't wash your hands in a bufallo"

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Lee H said:
In the accent needed stakes it's up there with, "How do people from Birmingham tell the diference between a bufallo and bison? You can't wash your hands in a bufallo"

Do you know the Noddy Holder goes clothes shopping joke?

But he's Black Country not Brummie.

rednaxela

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Talking of competitions, has anyone won the Linn Majik LP12 system competition that was run end of last year, not seen any winners anounced. Just wondering?.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts