AVI ADM5s. An update from Facebook...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
lindsayt said:
I think it's a huge overstatement to say that John Duncan has wound the membership up over AVI.

I disagree. And I hope certain expeletive deleteds* over there who think I'm oh-so-anti-AVI all the time see this.

*If you think this means you, then it means you.

I'm betting JD disagrees too. I see it a little like tennis.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
fr0g said:
Alec said:
lindsayt said:
I think it's a huge overstatement to say that John Duncan has wound the membership up over AVI.

I disagree. And I hope certain expeletive deleteds* over there who think I'm oh-so-anti-AVI all the time see this.

*If you think this means you, then it means you.

I'm betting JD disagrees too. I see it a little like tennis.

Well, if neither of the people holding the rackets puts theirs down, we need someone to steal the ball.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
And that is a big problem for AVI. JCB, since you're his right hand many, how about suggesting the God swallows his pride turns to normal marketing for his new product? I somehow think previous practices, albeit costing virtually nothing, aren't going to work this time, and it would be a shame to see what may be a decent product go to the wall prematurely - I'm guessing that's what happened with the 40, but perhaps you can correct me on that.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
JMacMan said:
I've just been informed that I've been banned from AVI forums, for commenting as I have about the above, and for bringing it to the readerships and John Duncans attention.

Well, their loss is (hopefully) our gain.

I personally welcome the input of rational, thoughtful, independent and knowledgeable people.

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
JMacMan said:
I've just been informed that I've been banned from AVI forums, for commenting as I have about the above, and for bringing it to the readerships and John Duncans attention.

Well, their loss is (hopefully) our gain.

I personally welcome the input of rational, thoughtful, independent and knowledgeable people.

Thank you for the kind remarks....certainly beats the unmentionable insults addressed to me by 'God' a short while ago.

JMac

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
lindsayt said:
I'm sure that most of you are aware of how the spiteful and vindictive WHF mod John Duncan has wound his membership to hate and crap on every AVI owner who tries to discuss us, presumably to protect ad revenue from the old guard. In the circumstances and because DM5s are in WHF's customer price range, I'm rather hoping AVI posters become a Juggernaught he can't stamp on. They deserve that for their shabby tricks.

JMac, everything you said about this quote was fair comment.

I don't think that John Duncan is spiteful and vindictive. Quite the opposite. I find his posts on this forum fair-minded. I think it's a huge overstatement to say that John Duncan has wound the membership up over AVI. I find the comment on "protecting ad revenue from the old guard" to be an insultingly rude, unfair, ad hominem attack on John Duncan.

And Jmac's comments about AVI posters being encouraged to make pro-DM5 comments were entirely fair in response to this: "I'm rather hoping AVI posters become a Juggernaught he can't stamp on."

Thanks for the support, and I appreciated your perspective on the matter.

I commented upon something that I saw/read/thought was very unfair and also hypocritical, in that if anyone says anything about AJ's attitude, then everyone is horrible to him, and he's the poor victim, apparently. But, supposedly, he's allowed to treat people however he likes, and that's just fine and dandy thank you.

I've copped quite a few insults and a ban for commenting thus, so I'm appreciative of the persepective of other members re the remarks posted by AJ; personally I thought the comments exceptionally disparaging to John Duncan, and the membership here, which is why I commented accordingly.

JMac

J

jcbrum

altruistic.lemon said:
And that is a big problem for AVI. JCB, since you're his right hand many, how about suggesting the God swallows his pride turns to normal marketing for his new product?

HaHa, Ashley doesn't do any 'marketing', he just tells people what he thinks. :)

I'm certainly not his 'right-hand man', - just a happy owner of AVI equipment, - like thousands and thousands of others.

altrustic.lemon said:
I somehow think previous practices, albeit costing virtually nothing, aren't going to work this time, and it would be a shame to see what may be a decent product go to the wall prematurely - I'm guessing that's what happened with the 40, but perhaps you can correct me on that.

You are remarkedly un-informed, or perhaps being deliberately mischieviously assumptive, lemon.

ADM40s are not constant production items, and never were. They are built to order. At the moment 40s are on hold because production capacity is diverted to the new DM5 loudspeakers, for which there is already strong demand, in addition to the other three new items in the new range. ADM9s are to continue, I'm told, but with ongoing R&D.

You, or anyone else, would be able to gain this information simply by asking Ashley, rather than fomenting mischievious innuendo.

JC

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, JC. I ask you because you are Ashley's right hand man, his most loyal supporter and the man who helps out the business for no more than love. Effectively asking you is like asking the God himself :)

Now, about the marketing, is he going to do the unthinkable, spend some money and advertise plus put the speakers out for review? You avoided answering, if you remember.

By the way, his own forum and the Great Man himself give the impression the ADM40s have been discontinued.

J

jcbrum

altruistic.lemon said:
Now, about the marketing, is he going to do the unthinkable, spend some money and advertise plus put the speakers out for review? You avoided answering, if you remember.

Why not ask him yourself
smiley-laughing.gif
or get JD to invite AVI to post here, and answer your questions. The DM5s are on demo at the works if you would care to visit, and enjoy their hospitality.

JC

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
char_lotte said:
Hope you keep posting Jmac..... we'll be able to talk B and O soon....

Hi Char_lotte

I was a member of HDD from the beginning, but with the change from HDD to AVI, the focus of that forum has moved inevitably such as to be a marketing and support mechanism for AVI owners, and owners potentially to be, which is probably as it should be.

One can talk about any other brand you like, but you will be always reminded politely or otherwise that AVI is always going to be superior, no matter what you or anyone else may think.

As such, it's not really the place anymore for non AVI owners in my view, and my banning by AJ just confirms some uncomfortable thoughts I had about the place after a fairly recent spat with AJ; I haven't posted there again in some weeks since that time.

I occasionally post here, and also on PFM from time to time, but compared to the past, I post on forums less and less these days, as many forums are like a running argument, and I personally really dislike arguing.

Even on the Beoworld forums, which is an independant B&O focussed forum, there is at times a lot of open criticism of B&O, and which is allowed by the mods (and something AVI's forums could learn from) but again, heated discussions, whilst rare, do break out, and I prefer just to take a back seat.

I will continue to post here as long as I'm welcome, but I doubt if I'll ever be a prolific poster or anything like that - I actually much prefer to use and enjoy my B&O system than write about it all the time, strange as that may seem on a HiFi forum.. lol

I hope you've had an opportunity to audition some B&O kit from our previous discussion, and that hopefully you found something in the sound, or design philosophy to your liking.

If not of course, that's quite understandable, as B&O is not going to be to everyones sonic or design taste, and I'm sure there are active speakers out there from the likes of Meridian, Event Opals etc, that would likely compete on out and out sound quality - depending upon the individual model of course.

But always happy to try and help where I can with a few B&O questions if you have them.

Regards

JMac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts