av reciver with pre outs for £400

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
ive just brought a rotel power amp for stereo and now i need an av amp with pre outs to replace my onkyo 605. im happy with the suround sound performance of my onkyo so im happy to get somthing simaler but with the added pre outs .

a shop near me is doing the onkyo 705 for £350 dont no if that is worth ago.only thing that worries me is it is taller than my 605 and i only have about an inch and a half clearance above my 605 ive had no problems but does it get as hot as hot as its little brother or will having the power amp cut down on the heat issue.

any advice would be great thanx.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
just read the spec sheets for omkyo 605 and 705 on there website and it says the dimensions are the same?

can any one confirm that im shaw the 705 looked bigger.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yamaha are usually more generous when it comes to pre-out connectivity on the budget amps. I know the Onkyo 706 has them, not sure on the 705 but it's quite an old amp for that price in all honesty. The 2309 and above from Denon have pre-outs IIRC but Denon seem to be pushing it as a feature further up the price range. That appears to be the main difference between the 1909 and 2309 to be honest though. I'm not sure of the Onkyo dimensions, hopefully a 705 owner will be able to confirm.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thanx for your reply i looked at a denon2309 today and thay wanted £599 didnt think that was a great price as thay had allready told me it was the last one thay had and it was being replaced with the new model and i dont no how close it is to the 1909 but thay had one of them on the shop floor and it felt a bit cheap next to my 605

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts