Question AV Receiver Upgrade

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a Yamaha RX V765 Receiver which I've had for a number of years. It drives B&W 602S3 Speakers.

Does anyone know where I need to be looking in the current Yamaha or Denon range to upgrade this?

Yamaha wise I'm guessing I need to be at the Aventage level perhaps a RX-A880?

Denon wise I'm guessing the X3600 would be the sensible upgrade option? Or would a X2600 be a noticeable improvement?

Out of interest, would the Sony 1080 be a step down does anyone know?

Thanks for any advice!

Tonestar1

I went to a RXA 1070 , I only needed 5.2, after considering the denon equivalent.
Unless you are going to have more than 7 speakers I'd be looking at the 880 or 1080. In the flesh the aventage build quality seemed a lot better to me than the denon but ymmv.
The 880 has a cracking discount on at the moment at a well know retailer that rhymes with picture pounds.

Reactions: smbmetal

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I only need 5.1. Did you used to have a RXV765 then if you don't mind me asking?

I've been delighted with my current Yamaha amp, it's been bulletproof! However, I need the 4K features etc of a new amp to go with my OLED 65" LG haha.

I will probably give a Denon (3600) & and Yamaha 880 or 1080 a listen.

Tonestar1

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I only need 5.1. Did you used to have a RXV765 then if you don't mind me asking?
No, I had an Arcam previous to the Yammy but needed a 4k upgrade too as I fitted a couple of Atmos speakers in my ceiling. My friend (who used to live upstairs) had the 675 and I spent nearly as much time watching movies up there as I did listening to my own system so I know it well. That was one of the reasons I looked at Yamaha prior to buying my 1070.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts