AV RECEIVER QUESTION

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im selling my Onkyo 905 changing to hi fi short term using a Quad 99 and 909 for stereo. When i eventually sort my cinema room out i will buy another av receiver will be using the quads to run the front speakers my question is how much would i need to spend on the receiver to run my GS10 rears and GSLCR centre just for movies and get a performance at the level of my 905? I hope that all makes sense! Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Which front speakers do you have?

You should be looking at a similarly priced amp to what you have now - either the Onkyo 1007, Yamaha 3900/Z7, Denon 3310/4310. After all, you'll still need decent processing, and amplification to drive the GS properly. I'd be tempted to add another 909 and bi-amp the GSLCR (or a 909 mono), just to keep things equal across the front 3. This could open up a new route for you - with the AV amp only driving the rears, you could get another 909 to drive them and buy a dedicated processor instead - something like the Onkyo or the Rotel. This might work out a little more, but it'll give your speakers the best processing and amplification you can give them, helping them to perform as near to their intended level as possible.

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
frank,

sorry to hijack but how do you rate the rotel 1570 processor/ 1575 power amp combo. i have B&W 805s fronts and a htm4s centre. how will it sound fior stereo in your opinion?

A

Anonymous

Can any one advise the matching speakers for Onkyo AV receiver TX SR875, please?

A

Anonymous

Hi my fronts are GS20's loved the sound of the quad with the monitor audios so could be a good route to go down. How much is something like the Onkyo or Rotel Processor? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts