AV Receiver for MA RS6

logemajn

May 23, 2008
Visit site
I like my current setup with the NAD and MA's, but am thinking of going the multi channel way, adding the rest of the RS6 series.

Sonically I want at least stay on par but possibly better of course.

Because my source is primarily digital for stereo and the MA's nature I am considering a 'warm' amp like the Marantz SR8002.

Does anyone have experience with this the MA/Marantz setup?

JL

Main equipment: Synology DS209+ (2xWD 1.5G), SB Duet, CA DacMagic, NAD C352, MA RS6,

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
logemajn:
I like my current setup with the NAD and MA's, but am thinking of going the multi channel way, adding the rest of the RS6 series.

Sonically I want at least stay on par but possibly better of course.

Because my source is primarily digital for stereo and the MA's nature I am considering a 'warm' amp like the Marantz SR8002.

Does anyone have experience with this the MA/Marantz setup?

JL

Main equipment: Synology DS209+ (2xWD 1.5G), SB Duet, CA DacMagic, NAD C352, MA RS6,

Depending on your HC system, I would look at something like the Arcam AVR350 if you are going to use it for stereo as well as multi channel. You should be able to get a good deal on one and it will sound better than the Marantz. If you want HC extras like upscaling and HD audio, think again but you only really mentioned sound.

logemajn

May 23, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I'm sure the big Arcam will be an improvement sonically over the NAD stereo but might be a bit out of my budget :-(

I was wondering how the Marantz or maybe the Arcam DVR280 compared to that.
Cheers.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
logemajn:
Yeah I'm sure the big Arcam will be an improvement sonically over the NAD stereo but might be a bit out of my budget :-(

I was wondering how the Marantz or maybe the Arcam DVR280 compared to that.
Cheers.

What is your budget? The AVR350 might not be much better with stereo than your Nad. How about getting a receiver and keeping the Nad for stereo?

logemajn

May 23, 2008
Visit site
Well, I hoped a 1000 to 1500 AV receiver would at least match my NAD in stereo.

I have indeed thought about adding an AV receiver to the NAD for the front and back speakers, but I'm not sure how well that integrates.

And getting the best from overall RS6 package would require a good receiver I guess.

I can get an CA 640 quite cheap now since it will be replaced soon....

Ohhh what dilemma's

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
logemajn:
Well, I hoped a 1000 to 1500 AV receiver would at least match my NAD in stereo.

I have indeed thought about adding an AV receiver to the NAD for the front and back speakers, but I'm not sure how well that integrates.

And getting the best from overall RS6 package would require a good receiver I guess.

I can get an CA 640 quite cheap now since it will be replaced soon....

Ohhh what dilemma's

To be honest, I think that for a £1k you could get a £500 receiver and a £500 stereo amp and sell the Nad and get improvement all round.

A

Anonymous

Logemajn , Audio-t in Enfield have a AVR 350 in black ex-dem for £499.If you can get full 2yr warranty it could be a good deal.There are also some bargains to be had re. RS series now the're being replaced.I can definately vouch for the Arcam MA-RS combo,they sound awesome and look petty sweet too.Which definately helps too appease the misus when you have a room full of speakers.

A

Anonymous

The Marantz SR8002 is a very capable A/V Receiver, and certainly among the more musical A/V Receivers at this price-point. I believe that it is soon to be replaced by a new model.

I would probably also suggest to check out the highly-esteemed (by What Hi Fi) Sony '5400ES A/V Receiver, and perhaps the Yamaha RX-V1900/3900 and Rotel '1550/'1560.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

If your priority is stereo rather than surround sound, how about a Cyrus AVMaster 8.0?

+ Excellent stereo in stereo direct mode, Good DD/DTS sound, Half-width unit

- No video switching, no HD surround sound formats, need a power amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts