AV or HIFI Amplifier ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

Agreed, if it sounds good, listen to it. You know I'm not an Arcam fan, but will defend your right to the end to be so :)

But to answer you previous question, tThe high end £1k Marantz stuff has been very well received. Shanling. The Musical Fidelity X-Series (the v3 anyway) was Made In Taiwan (or thereabouts). Creek's Evo range. British designed maybe, but Far Eastern nonetheless.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Agreed, if it sounds good, listen to it. You know I'm not an Arcam fan, but will defend your right to the end to be so :)

But to answer you previous question, tThe high end £1k Marantz stuff has been very well received. Shanling. The Musical Fidelity X-Series (the v3 anyway) was Made In Taiwan (or thereabouts). Creek's Evo range. British designed maybe, but Far Eastern nonetheless.[/quote]

It's not about where it's built really, it's about the brief it's built to, and that to me rules out the Far East on most counts. Thin - a generalisation I know, but you know what I mean.

Well done on your Primare, a good price Sir.

John Duncan

Yes, feeling very smug. Don't care what it sounds like, I'm just gonna look at it.

But back to the point - I'm not sure I agree that we British have the moral high ground on good design, do we? Ken Ishiwata San? Signore Sonus Faber? Mr Primare (hey, I don't know what Swedes call each other)? Sir Mark Levinson (honorary).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You'll see in one of the posts above that I included the US and Europe (although if you're going to be picky I didn't include Scandinavia but as I have some Danish speakers they are obviously included.

John Duncan

Oh I think we must include Scandinavia now, without a doubt
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts