Yamaha RXV765 £549

Sony STRDA2400ES £399

The Amp would be used with:

Pioneer PDP-428XD Plasma TV

Pace Sky HD Box

Nintendo Wii

Panasonic DMP-BD80 Bluray Player

KEF KHT 2005.3 Speakers

Any advice in those amps wpuld be appreciated, also do I wait a month or so?

I know playing the waiting game means that you never commit to a decision and buy a component but I could wait about 4 more weeks for the right amp to come along. I will go to £700 for an amp but not any higher!!!

Thanks

Ming the Merciless:

I have 4 amps in mind (all new) and they are as follows:

Pioneer VSX1019 £699

Onkyo TSXR876 £699

Yamaha RXV765 £549

Sony STRDA2400ES £399

The Amp would be used with:

Pioneer PDP-428XD Plasma TV

Pace Sky HD Box

Nintendo Wii

Panasonic DMP-BD80 Bluray Player

KEF KHT 2005.3 Speakers

Any advice in those amps wpuld be appreciated, also do I wait a month or so?

I know playing the waiting game means that you never commit to a decision and buy a component but I could wait about 4 more weeks for the right amp to come along. I will go to £700 for an amp but not any higher!!!

Thanks

Hi MtM

Please also consider Yamaha's superb RX-V900. It will work well with your components.They might not be around for long though so if you do decide to go for one than try not to leave it too long.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/YamahaRX-V1900/

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha RXV1900 is indeed a great amp, but it's way above what he can afford. I would suggest the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE for consideration instead based on his affordability. It costs about £600.00.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Marantz SR6003, in pure AV terms may loose out to some of the others here on specification (Onkyo specifically) but IMHO Musically for 2 Channel an excellent amp. Picked up mine for £640 well worth a listen.

EvilWolf:The Yamaha RXV1900 is indeed a great amp, but it's way above what he can afford. I would suggest the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE for consideration instead based on his affordability. It costs about £600.00.

Hi EW

I appreciate what you are saying however the RX-V1900 can be picked up for not too much more than MtM's budget.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:

Hi MtM

Please also consider Yamaha's superb RX-V900. It will work well with your components.They might not be around for long though so if you do decide to go for one than try not to leave it too long.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick

I considered this amp but I can't find it for £700, I am buying this amp with the KEF's and the Bluray player but still couldn't get it within budget.

I will keep looking.....

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:The Yamaha RXV1900 is indeed a great amp, but it's way above what he can afford. I would suggest the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE for consideration instead based on his affordability. It costs about £600.00.

Hi EW

This was the amp I originally wanted but since it was discontinued I haven't been able to get it anywhere. I have tried placing orders with several online retailers that were still featuring it on their websites but then the order was either refused or they e-mailed / called me to say they didn't actually have any in stock and cancelled my payment.

Does anyone know where this amp is physically in stock?

A

Anonymous

You tried hunting down an 'oknyo 875', i seen um going real good prices?

A

Anonymous

Paulthefilmfan:You tried hunting down an 'oknyo 875', i seen um going real good prices?

Hi Paul

I'm assuming these were refurb ones? I want a new amp, I don't want to pay £500 for a piece of kit that has already failed at least once on a previous owner and may fail again.

I don't know if this is a rational thought / decision, I'm just worried about the life expectancy of a key component. I would buy a new one if they are still out there though, it does look like a cracking amp.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
If it were me, I'd go for a cheaper blu-ray player (Sony 350, for example) to make room in my budget for the Yamaha RX-V1900 as recommended.

I know which choice would make the bigger positive impact, particulary as you have (like me) a brilliant but 768p TV.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Ming the Merciless:EvilWolf:The Yamaha RXV1900 is indeed a great amp, but it's way above what he can afford. I would suggest the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE for consideration instead based on his affordability. It costs about £600.00.

Hi EW

This was the amp I originally wanted but since it was discontinued I haven't been able to get it anywhere. I have tried placing orders with several online retailers that were still featuring it on their websites but then the order was either refused or they e-mailed / called me to say they didn't actually have any in stock and cancelled my payment.

Does anyone know where this amp is physically in stock?

If your still looking.

I went into my local shop a couple of days ago looking for the 765 & found that they had some DSP-AX863s in stock. £587.

P & A Audio Ltd Liverpool.0151 924 7287. Southport 01704 536 901.Been around for a long time.

The one i was going to take with me had been opened & resealed,everything seemed ok,they said that it hadn't been sold & returned, but as they had 2 more in Southport unopened i opted for one of those & they delivered it to me the same day.

Might be worth a try.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I would have a think about the SR6003 as suggested above. Within your budget and I've read elsewhere that it's a rival for amps like the Onkyo 875/876, and RXV1900.

When I was looking for an amplifier, and prepared to spend up to about £1000, I went for the SR6001 ahead of the Onkyos and others. You don't get all the bells and whistles that some have but in terms of sound quality for films and music you get a very good amplifier.

A

Anonymous

Ming the Merciless:
Paulthefilmfan:You tried hunting down an 'oknyo 875', i seen um going real good prices?

Hi Paul

I'm assuming these were refurb ones? I want a new amp, I don't want to pay £500 for a piece of kit that has already failed at least once on a previous owner and may fail again.

I don't know if this is a rational thought / decision, I'm just worried about the life expectancy of a key component. I would buy a new one if they are still out there though, it does look like a cracking amp.

I totally understand, i felt the same way until i bought a 'refurb' one but it arrived mint and has been fine so far and it came with a 2 year warranty. I think it may be possible to still get a brand new one for a good price around £499-550. I have also seen the latest '876' as a ex display (mint apparantly) with 3 year warranty free qed hdmi-p all for £699.

Ming the Merciless:

MUSICRAFT:

Hi MtM

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick

I considered this amp but I can't find it for £700, I am buying this amp with the KEF's and the Bluray player but still couldn't get it within budget.

I will keep looking.....

Hi MtM

As sorreltiger has suggested spend less on the blu ray player (although i would go for the BD60 instead) and the savings on the RX-V1900 instead. This will give you a bigger return on your investment.

The RX-V1900's can be had for around £800.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is good to see the SR6003 getting mentioned, I would look into this model as well as the RXV1900 ( if you can still find a new one) as it matches if not exceeds the Yamaha's performance at a cheaper price point.

Nick

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hems:is the rx-v1900 going to be replaced soon?

Hi Hems

The RX-V1900 will be replaced in due course hence why they can be had at a fair price.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

I should have asked in my earlier post but what is replacing the v1900 and is there a timeframe?

cheers

MrBangle

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Was also looking for a amp recently.

After listening to quite a few amps

RX-V765

RX-V863

Denon 1910

Onkyo 876

I went for the Marantz SR6003. Beautiful, excellent sound and features. Only downside is 3HDMI inputs which is enough for me but not enough for others.

Hems:MUSICRAFT:

Hems:is the rx-v1900 going to be replaced soon?

Hi Hems

The RX-V1900 will be replaced in due course hence why they can be had at a fair price.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

I should have asked in my earlier post but what is replacing the v1900 and is there a timeframe? cheers

Hi Hems

I think the Yamaha RX-V1900 will be replaced by the RX-V2065. I have no details of when this will happen though.

Btw, MtM Yamaha AV amps are and always have been a great match for the various Kef sub/sats.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts