AV Amp for Music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there. I'm currently having a property renovated, and the builder suggested now is the right time to get an AV system such that the cables can be tucked behind walls, under boards, etc. Naturally this is the perfect excuse for a nice, big upgrade :) I haven't updated my hi-fi for about 10 years (Marantz CD-63 KI Signature, Technics SUA900D, Tannoy Mercury M3s) so I'm a bit out of the loop and was hoping for some advice. I've trialled the Dali Ikon 6 5.1 package along with an Arcam AVR350. Musically, this is a rather nice setup and is superior (musically at least), so I'm told, to the ubiquitous SR875. That said, it's somewhat dated feature set (no upscaling, none of the newer HDMI audio standards) concerns me. Can anyone suggest an amp that is as musically competent as the AVR350, but without it's feature limitations? Thanks in advance, Henry

A

Anonymous

Hi , I started in A.V. with a Arcam AVR100 and then bought a Marantz SR7200 for the 'features' , but soon returned to Arcam with the AVR350 which I use with Monitor Audio RS8's , RS surrounds , centre and RS12 sub .I can assure you they all sound pretty sweet . As for the upscaling and newer HDMI standards , most quality DVD players will upscale anyway and there's plenty of 1.3 compliant switching boxes available for reasonable money .Also if you're thinking of HD audio the 350 has 7.1 phono inputs . Hope this helps and happy spending , Gary .

razor38

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
After demoing a few amps, I decided on Pioneer's VSX-LX70. Really liked how it handled music. I also use it with my Marantz CD-63 KI Signature, with Tannoy 638+

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts