Auto wi fi detect ?

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Do any of you guys know of an app that will auto detect my home wifi switching on the iPhones wifi and then when away from range will turn it off thus saving battery? I used to have smart wi fi on my Blackberry that did this but can't find any apps for iPhone. Thanks in advance

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
ric71 said:
Hi, Do any of you guys know of an app that will auto detect my home wifi switching on the iPhones wifi and then when away from range will turn it off thus saving battery? I used to have smart wi fi on my Blackberry that did this but can't find any apps for iPhone. Thanks in advance

It actually makes very little difference on iPhone, unlike on BlackBerry. iPhone uses a best connection route and only pushes the wi-fi if you go on line.

Apple also don't like apps that mess with the phone functionality too. There was talk of a way of lowering power use of wi-fi, but I think that's still some way off.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Big Aura said:
interesting - I had thought it could auto switch when at home to stop going over the monthly down-load limit on the mobile bill... ahh well..

It kind of does. Leave the wi-fi on and it'll use the best connection - which is wi-fi - if you are in a wi-fi area. You can see this when you attempt to go on-line when you're out and about and the pop up asks you to select a wi-fi network.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts