Auto on-off of a subwoofer

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
One week ago I have added a sub. to my system. So far I am quite happy specially for cinema. I have one issue though with the auto on-off functionality. The crossover of the sub is at 75 hz and in my receiver at 80hz with the speakers all set up as small. I have purchased a decent cable also for the sub. Well the problem is that I find that in many cases at low volumes the sub does not turn on. What surprises me most is that if I turn it on myself then it works just fine. Therefore the reason is not that there is no output at low volumes... it is just that it does not turn on.

I really do not want to return it or send to technical service or anything like that becuase where I live the support for wharfedale is very difficult. The shop where I have bought it is very far and sending for repair is too dificult. I could return it back to the shop and get the money back but I would really want to avoid that since I am happy with the sub (when it runs....).

Any experiences? I have tried to increase the level output of the AVR and lower the volume of the sub but... did not work:[:(]

A

Anonymous

Either leave it on ( which what I do) it will not use up much juice when not receiving a signal, or try turning the frequency dial to the highest point usually around 140Hz, as it should be controlled via the AVR anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts