Auditioned MA Bronze 2 and Dali Zensor 3, now confused

petenz

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I auditioned the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 and Dali Zensor 3 speakers on the weekend. Both hooked up to a Cambridge Audio stereo amp at Richer Sounds.

I had gone to the store merely to confirm my purchase of the Dali Zensor 3 but found them underwhelming. They really lacked bass. So we plugged the Bronze 2 in and they sounded much better to me, with much more bass. We tried some classic rock followed by some Calvin Harris then some Wild Beasts.

Then I read reviews saying the Dalis have more bass than the Bronze 2.

I'm second-guessing my own ears based on reputation/reviews. Any thoughts on these two?

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Go back for a second audition and confirm your preference for the MA's, only your ears can decide what you like best!
Ask in the store if it's possible to audition the speakers at home, in that case you're really sure they fir with your taste.

insider9

I have listened to both. Owned Dali Zensor 3 as well as Monitor Audio Bronze B2 (few generations older) and BX5 floorstanders.

In regards to your audition I believe it had all to do with amp pairing. Try Zensors with an Onkyo A9010 or Arcam and you'll notice a huge overall difference.

I'm not knocking Bronze 2s in any way but in terms of bass Zensors would in majority cases outperform MAs. In terms of music you describe my opinion is that it suits Zensors more with MA excelling in more "refined" styles such as jazz, classical.

Of course whatever my opinion or any other for that matter go with your ears and see if you can do a home demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts