Audiolab mdac or Chord Mojo - Which to Buy?

ontheline said:
I either going to make a purchase for the Chord Mojo at £399 or the more expensive Audiolab mdac at £599, which is best in terms of sound quality?

They are both very good. You'd have to audition both because they will sound different and I for one cannot tell you which you would prefer in your system. Obviously if you need portability it has to be the Chord.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Audition both. What is it for? Do you ever intend to use the mobile capabilities of the Mojo ?

I have a Mojo. It's great but I would describe it as portable rather than mobile. It gives a hum if it touches my phone. I quite like the curious glances it gets on the tube tho. Sound quality is ace, and has won over everyone (naysayers included)

Hugh56

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I assume you are using the dac in a system rather than headphones. It is not clear if the mojo it can be used in a system however What HiFi, however they gave it best dac between £400 and £800. Output is on the high. side at 3v. What hifi really needs to clarify the compatibility of this dac in thier report.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi I just had the M-Dac Plus on demo for 2 days which costs £800 I personally could not tell a difference with it I found it had lots of inputs at the back and XLR inputs too which Is what I used on the demo at home I found the output to be a little louder on XLR which is normal but I lowered the input to match the RCA input and then switching between XLR/RCA I could not really tell a difference to be honest and felt it was not worth the £800 price tag but you may get a difference with your setup . I can not comment on the cord mojo as I have not tried one but they do have good reviews on them so worth a demo. . I had an arcam ir dac 1 which I had in the attic and thought I would try it again as I have a different setup when I first brought it cost less then the M-DAC Plus and I can tell a difference a night and day difference lots of detail the top end has opened up on my speakers and the sound stage feel bigger . You could pick one of these on flee bay for about £150-200 which is a bargain and still a very good dac too which won awards .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts