Audiolab 8200cd using RCA not XLR outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Haven't been able to audition the Audiolab 8200cd yet but I am an Audiolab fan Would the Audiolab 8200cd offer enough of an improvement over the Audiolab 8000cd using standard RCA connections if XLR connections can't be used? I have an Audiolab 8000A amp, which means using standard RCA cables (Kimber cable) to the CD.

A

Anonymous

I am concerning to get a Audiolab 8200A and a Audiolab 8200CD but I can't find any official review for the Audiolab 8200A.

If anyone with experience with the two pieces of hardware please reply, I really want to spend some money...!~

AKMH

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I acquired my Audiolab 8200CD recently and initially used it with RCA interconnects with my Cambridge Audio 840A amp. It sounded very good and I was able to appreciate its award-winning status. However, after upgrading to XLR cables with the same amp, the sonic improvement was quite striking, with more solidity and detail and greater dynamic range. I can clearly hear low-level instruments on certain CDs which were less obvious or not audible before. I do not have any experience with Audiolab amps but if you have the opportunity to use XLR cables, it will certainly allow you to fully enjoy and acknowledge the astonishingly good performance that the Audiolab 8200CD can deliver.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I suspected that would be the case. My Audiolab 8000A amp is an old one (which I still really like and don't want to replace) but it doesn't have the option of XLR so I am thinking it might be a case of sticking with the 8000CD which is of the same vintage and in my opinion, very good in its day. I might have to upgrade both (which is more expensive than I was hoping for) or lie down until the thought passes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts