Audiolab 8000A

MFabre

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have recently removed all the dust from an old audiolab 8000A that I had at home.

I would need your advice in what respects to CD players and speakers to match that old amp.

Any views?

Regards

MF

Hi MF, welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid you are going to get asked for a lot more information before we can supply suitable answers.

Nice amp by the way.

The way i look at things is you do not necessarily need speakers to match an amp, your main concern will be if the speeakers will perform well in your listening room. To that end we would need to know some room dimensions / distance you can have speakers away from the rear wall, whether you prefer stand-mount or floorstanding designs....oh, and also how much you want to spend.

Perhaps the following thread on another forum might be of some help:-

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?36299-Speaker-suggestions-for-an-Audiolab-8000a

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The Audiolab should do well with slightly soft and dark speakers.You could try SF Venere 1.5 and Kef R300 at the upper end of your budget for e.x..

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4 x 5 m room and I have dynaudio dm 2/7 and would recommend an audition. Some might say they are too big for a room my size but I love the depth of bass.I had booming issues when they were new but after a month or two I have zero boom now.I heard the audiolab 8200a with these and they sounded great.I think you can get them at a reduced cost now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts