Audiolab 6000n play upgrade

If you value widely available apps and a better user experience then everything I’ve read suggests the Bluesound. I cannot say whether you will prefer the sound. Also, the Cambridge CXN V2 is £100 off in the Richer Sounds sale and that gets great feedback too. It’s a more conventional design if you have components in a rack

Tinman1952

With the audiolab I'm not a fan of the DTS play fi app that you need to use .you access other services like Amazon music through it and it makes life harder than it needs to be
DTS Play Fi is a disaster... doesn't do gapless..in fact ADDS 5 seconds gaps between tracks! Plus all music goes through the control device...phone or tablet. 😖 If you want Amazon Music then Bluesound Node is best option currently. 👍

Reactions: doifeellucky

manicm

The streamer and sound quality is first class, the problem as Tinman put it is the PlayFi platform, it doesn't do gapless on anything other than Spotify Connect, but even more critically, other services are actually using Bluetooth if I'm correct, with the exception of Spotify, other services actually stream from the phone to the 6000n. So you're not even getting CD quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts