Audioengine A2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
l now listen to music with Spotify (Premium) through a PC fitted with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card.

Due to a large new TV taking up the one corner of the room, I'm looking to use a much smaller 'speaker.

As we may be moving house, in the next couple of years, l want to return to a larger 'speaker, hence don't want to spend too much for this interim arrangement.

I'm strongly considering the Audioengine A2's, which have received very good reviews. However, though these will be used in a smallish room, a number of the reviews have a slight criticism as they can be a little waited toward bass (relatively for a small 'speaker) at the expense of the mid & high range.

Anyone with any experience with this issue?

My concerns are that, using Spotify, there are no equalizer options. However, l guess that l could plug the bass ports "slits" on the front of the enclosure.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I have them and, although they are only really used in my kitchen now, I've found them to be excellent little speakers - they sound astonishingly good considering their size and price. I don't remember any issues with too much bass when I did use them on my office system, it's hard to say now as they're perched up high on top of a cupboard so hardly in ideal positioning!

Recommended.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the response.

l think l will chance the Audioengine's

After all, they will be in a room that will give them some space, if there is a bass issue, & l don't have the volume up that loud.

TRENDING THREADS