Audio Technica LP3

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wondered if this turntable would be better than a project primary or essential 2, thinking about getting a turntable again.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
To quote WHF, "at this price there isn’t anything that gives us such an enjoyable listen." Compared to the Pro-Ject, it's also probably going to be easier finding it on the high street at places which wouldn't normally stock hifi, so you could possibly get an even better deal on it.

D

Deleted member 108165

jimmy1 said:
Just wondered if this turntable would be better than a project primary or essential 2, thinking about getting a turntable again.

Do you have an existing LP collection?

Essential II would be better than the Primary as the Primary appears to have a fixed counterweight, which limits your choice of carts. LP3 looks fine with a removeable headshell for easier cart mounting. All of these are entry level budget decks - I've never found vinyl can be done well cheaply and you will quickly want to follow the upgrade path. However, if this is all the cash you have at your disposal then personally I'd opt for the Essential II/III, if only for the slightly better tonearm.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, been busy over the last few days and im gonna save up a bit more cash and go for the arcam dac instead, i looked into how much vinyl costs these days and nearly pooped myself, i only have a handful of vinyl anyway so though put the cash where its gonna be used more, still would love a good a vinyl set up but its not really practical at the moment, thanks again tho

jimmy1 said:
Thanks for the replies, been busy over the last few days and im gonna save up a bit more cash and go for the arcam dac instead, i looked into how much vinyl costs these days and nearly pooped myself, i only have a handful of vinyl anyway so though put the cash where its gonna be used more, still would love a good a vinyl set up but its not really practical at the moment, thanks again tho

Very thoughtful move, many these days don't consider the cost of source material but are happy to play it on cheap decks.

daytona600

just a chinese deck branded by AT and 100s of others

get a real deck made in the UK or europe for not much extra coin , project , rega , edwards

with future upgrades , better cartridge/stylus etc & decent future trade in values

daytona600 said:
just a chinese deck branded by AT and 100s of others

get a real deck made in the UK or europe for not much extra coin , project , rega , edwards

with future upgrades , better cartridge/stylus etc & decent future trade in values

For budget decks the phrase future trade in values doesn't apply, no matter where it is made.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts