Audio interface?

Markos

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I apologise in advance for my ignorance....my son got a pair of Yamaha hs8s for Christmas along with SAC stereo jack to male xlr cables....these are for his music production at home.....any recommendations on an audio interface up to £70?..or do i just get a cable that goes from his hs8s to his computer tower?....huge thanks in advance..:)

Mark.

rainsoothe

Hey. It all depends on the number and type of inputs/outputs he needs and, to a much lesser extent, the layout of the thing (where he wants his buttons etc). Have a look on thomann, under the "studio" section. I'd look at M-Audio M-Track 2x2, Tascam US 2x2, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd gen), or, if you wanna keep it all Yamaha, the Yamaha AG03.

Personally, I use the Tascam with my Yamaha HS80 (the H8S's predecessor) and it all works very fine together. I did, however, need to buy a separate (cheap) powered USB hub, because running it USB straight out of my PC made them hiss a bit. Probably it's optional power supply does the job even better, but I didn't have the money at the time.

Goodluck.

abacus

Here are some https://www.musicmatter.co.uk/lists/best-usb-audio-interfaces-under-100 however you will be better off going to a pro music site for info rather than a Hi Fi site, as with Hi Fi you will be paying more for an interface, and while nice looking, and easy to operate, will be too limited for music production. (Not forgetting they will be more expensive)

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS