Audio gd 15.32 - impressed with the sound quality for the price.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
I tested this dac on my 2 cd players, marantz cd63se and consonance cd- 120 linear. It added more detail to my marantz, on my consonance it opened up the soundstage, more dynamic smooth etc, yet keeping the naturalness and musicality of the consonance - I am impressed. I compared it to the rega apollo-r and preferred this dac on my consonance - more open and natural sounding with depth and space. I think this dac is superior to te dacmagic and arcam budget dacs.

I think if you match it to the right cd player as the transport you can have great results, its interesting it didnt have quite the same affect on my marantz cd 63se. I think its a bargain dac for the money. It has a natural warmth in the mids and is detailed and open too.

Has anyone else tried this dac.

Cheers
Steve.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I got mine on special for $249 Australian dollars. It sounds better than the cambridge dacmagic or arcam dac. Yes it has a preamp and headphone output.

Cheers

Steve.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Stephennic,

still enjoying the 15.32 DAC ?

I'm thinking of ordering it myself.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the heat produced by this DAC (so I read on other forums). This is not causing any problems ?

Thanks.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

No problems, mine only gets warm. I have mine sitting on top of the cabinet next to the valve preamp. See head fi for comments on this dac too.

Cheers

Steve

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The 15.32 is on it's way from China..............can't wait to get it.

It has dual WM8741 chips so it should be good :)

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Great ,make sure you get the TXCO version,low jitter clock which gives it a slightly smoother and transperant sound. Also let it burn in around 200-300Hrs as it will sound better. Let meknow how you go.

Cheers

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts